Burning the midnight oil

deadeye ive

miffy kindly invited me on to his patch for a evenings (11pm -4.30 am to be precise ) Fox contol with a difference :no: ........shooting out of a hatch cut out of a Landrover driven by Chris the gamekeeper :D .........This opened up a whole new world to me having a 7 ft off the ground firing point as on all my previous occasions on my own patch it's been calling them in close and me lying prone or shooting off a fence post .

Only 1 Fox responded to the call and was taken around 60 yds with the others being not interested and taken at Fairly long range ,some pushing between 150 and 200 yds

High powered lamps ,top quality glass and rifle and a cracking homeload were used which IMO is a must for long range work where a ditch or boundary prevents you from getting nearer

Shot 7 retreived 5 and had a clean miss ........Chris is out with the dogs early to-day BTW

post-1945-1154732443.jpg

The last and only shot was taken by miffy himself ........on retrieving the dead fox he pinged the landrover with my range finder to reveal a distance of 225 yds .......Pic below

post-1945-1154732276.jpg

Thanks for the invite miffy :lol:

Weldone Boys,

The oldman said you had a good night when he finaly got the sofa after his afternoon snoozes.

Kenzie

It was alreet for ure old man mate......i had 2 hours kip then up to go to work again :lol:

Well done men. :good::good:

Magic stuff. :lol:

Them foxes will be scarse by winter, when the wise ones come out to play. :lol::lol:

Frank.

Cheers Frank

This lot were alot wiser than they should have been and nothing really wanted to respond to the call (apart from 1) Can't wait for the winter foxes as they are definately more challenging.

[

Cheers Frank

This lot were alot wiser than they should have been and nothing really wanted to respond to the call (apart from 1) Can't wait for the winter foxes as they are definately more challenging.

They sound like foxes you would get in the winter, the ones you shot.

I agree, winter foxes are more challenging. :good:

Looking farward to the season ahead, ill be trying to get out, sometime in september. :good:

Frank.

Well done lad's sounds like a good night :lol:

Homeloads going well then ive :lol:

From shooting 200 yds at bisely yesterday I have learnt that this load is .5 " high at 100 yds and bang on at 200 yds :good::lol: ..........It's not suppose to do that ;) ..........But am I complaing :oops: ......henry d was in the butts marking them :good:

Thanks for the replies lads :oops:

Btw I had 4 hrs :lol:

They sound like foxes you would get in the winter, the ones you shot.

I agree, winter foxes are more challenging. :good:

Looking farward to the season ahead, ill be trying to get out, sometime in september. :lol:

Frank.

They certainly were Frank.......Try gettin out for the end of August (somewhere between the 25th and the 27th to be precise :good: )

Btw I had 4 hrs :lol:

Lightweight :lol::lol: