canada goose eggs

is it leagal to aquire canada goose eggs for hatching ? and i would also like some greylag geese eggs to release on the farm ponds

if anyone can help around the yorkshire/lancashire area i would be greatfull

could you please contact me by PM

Why on earth would you want to breed Canadas. there are penty to shoot without starting a breeding plan :o

is it leagal to aquire canada goose eggs for hatching ?

as they are listed in Schedule 9 of the wildlife and countryside act 1981, then section 14 of that act seems to make it illegal to either sell the eggs or to release the birds into the wild.

In the complicated way that uk legislation works, it is always possible that some other law or license or whatever over-rides this, but personally I would assume it is illegal until certain otherwise.

as they are listed in Schedule 9 of the wildlife and countryside act 1981, then section 14 of that act seems to make it illegal to either sell the eggs or to release the birds into the wild.

In the complicated way that uk legislation works, it is always possible that some other law or license or whatever over-rides this, but personally I would assume it is illegal until certain otherwise.

so i will just look for greylags eggs then ,anyone?

I'd suggest if he wants them to walk arround his land they would be classed as technically livestock so probably legal. Just possibly more legal that other native wild breeds of goose and removing their eggs.

I'd suggest if he wants them to walk arround his land they would be classed as technically livestock so probably legal. Just possibly more legal that other native wild breeds of goose and removing their eggs.

al4x you might well be correct. I just wanted to point out to the OP that there was at least one source which suggests that it is illegal, so they should look into it carefully :good:

Edited by HW682