22 Winchester subsonic

Guest jonrms

Guest jonrms
:good::yes: I agree with what you said there dougy... subs arnt designed for that.... what about some high velocity ..... there are plenty out there.. and alot have a heck of a punch..... (not like I have been on the recieving end mind you!)

i have a ruger 10/22 semi auto and it love whinchester subs as long as you keep the gun moving parts very clean as soon as i feel the slide getting slightly crunchy i strip down and clean. i never clean the barrel or sound mod and the gun is 10 or more years old and shoots like new

cheers kirky

I have a CZ452 with sound mod and Tasco scope (cheap & cheerfull) and shoot Win Subs, absolutely impressive accuracy, and I hardly ever need to zero. I had 35 rabbits from 37 head shots the other night all from the pick up mirror rest and engine running @ 30-70yards. I never clean it either! :P:lol:

hammy

I have a CZ452 with sound mod and Tasco scope (cheap & cheerfull) and shoot Win Subs, absolutely impressive accuracy, and I hardly ever need to zero. I had 35 rabbits from 37 head shots the other night all from the pick up mirror rest and engine running @ 30-70yards. I never clean it either! :P:lol:

hammy

thats the shot hammy all this cleaning and playing around with guns just upsets them, my moto is just clean or ajust when you have to or the gun needs it :lol::lol:

• 4 months later...

Sorry to drag this thread up again but i wondered if anyone came to a conclusion ?? :good:

Reason for asking, i have a ruger 77/22 and have shot eley's but not too sure about the grouping. I bloke i know said always use cci because the eley's are too waxey but he shoots a 10/22 and had jamming probs !

A mate of my dad said use winchester and he has always used them and i have just pulled out an old copy of "shooting sports" mag where they had a review on the 77/22 (same model as mine) and he said it prefered winchester, but i have a load of eley's left and dont know if i should change ??

Any help welcome :angry:

I would just buy 1 or two boxes of each... and see for yourself. if you like them and your rifle likes them.. then change.....

you can have the same type model etc.. gun as another person.. but for some reason.... they might not like a certin round....and can be so differant... illogical I know..but for some reason its true.

so buy a couple or a single box of each.. and see how you get on .. see what groups the best.

what do you reccomend for foxes... ie in .22 form... and my barrel cant cope with a magnum round....

thanks.

For Foxes use a centerfire, .204 or bigger it ain't fare or humane useing rimfire and what do you mean 'your barrel can't cope with magnum' Different round all together. :angry: