General Licence

Salopian

Most of us are aware of the wording and use of a General Licence to shoot woodies after we have ensured we have explored every other alternative?;)?:P?:blink:? :lol:

My question is what is your interpretation and does this apply to Canada Geese?Do you think it is legal to shoot Canadas all year round as a pest species.

Let the cabaret begin :good:

Guest john5
Who has to have explored every other alternative, the landowner, or the shooter ?

Thats the bit I have never understood.

both parties must have done their research, and i do expect prosecutions to take place by the protectionist bodys, points to remember are , 1/ canada geese retain the title of wildfowl so (they may not be killed using a single projectile(1954 bird act) or by lead shot) because single projectiles have a significant amount of lead inside the "core" you would face at least two charges for the one offence , proving that you had good reason to shoot/kill the birds is going to be hard, as the general licence states "when all other measures fail", under the terms of wild life and country side act , the onus is upon you to prove your innocense.

Edited by henry d