first time

trowel 7

john dandy i think

Hi there, The guys name is John Dandy he runs action pigeons/action hawks, I've had a few days out with him over the last couple of season's after seeing his ad in the countrymans dont no if he still advertise's there? Anyway jon's a top bloke and always made me feel really welcome aswell as showing me some top tips which have helped me with my pigeon shooting loads. he has some great land up there and always put alot of birds in front of me which helps when you shoot like me! anyway you made a good choice going with him pal and as for choke's cartridge's etc just give him a ring mate and he'll tell you exactly what you need I'm sure he wont mind was always very helpful with me. I'll try and put some pic,s up from when i went!

All the best

Rob Speakman

ps couldnt work out how to get pics up but if you look in spoting pics there's a pic in there!

Edited by rob speakman

cheers lads found hime on here emailed him just need to sort a date thanks for all the replies cheers :good:

Hi once you have had the pro lesson myself and another member will be onto a few good pieces so pls feel free to join us later in the season , cheers remy 700

cheers for that mate will defo take you up on it :good:

• 2 weeks later...

I hate being holier than thou, but one photo on john's facebook pages, jena with some pigeons shot on a flightline demonstrates a feature that I have seen guns sent home for at the beginning of the day. Never, never lean a gun up against anything , especially a vehicle.

OK I don't know if the gun is loaded or not (so it's safe for me to assume that it is)and there may be nobody around but it is a dangerous, unacceptable practice.

Gotta go now before my halo slips :sly: :yp:

I hate being holier than thou, but one photo on john's facebook pages, jena with some pigeons shot on a flightline demonstrates a feature that I have seen guns sent home for at the beginning of the day. Never, never lean a gun up against anything , especially a vehicle.

OK I don't know if the gun is loaded or not (so it's safe for me to assume that it is)and there may be nobody around but it is a dangerous, unacceptable practice.

Gotta go now before my halo slips :sly: :yp:

There is always one know all! Been reading a shooting book have we

You have seen guns sent home at the start of the day, for leaning their gun up.

Telling you what there are not many Shoot captains/keepers nowerdays who would think of doing that, they need the clients to much.

I got peppered last season while beating when a gun shot a fox, even though all where told no ground game and even then the nice gentleman never got sent home.

I was alone when the picture was taken and I know the gun was unloaded, Whenever I take a picture for myself or for clients I know the gun is unloaded and safe

yes you are being holier than thou

So you sit in your hide do you holding you gun the hole time never leaning your gun up while your having a bite to eat, a coffie, or rearranging your decoys, dead birds.

never lean a gun up against anything , what a load of ****, as long as its safe (Unloaded)

Edited by Actionpigeons

I'm not a know all, haven't read any books on shooting in a long while but I know that all the time there are people around who expect others to take their word for gun safety there'll still be accidents.

One piece of bad press can do a hell of a lot more damage than taking the 5 or 10 seconds to put your gun where it's seen to be safe, a simple picture like the one I've commented on sends out its own message to all and sundry.

As to shoots not sending guns home if they are up to doing stupid things and allowing them to be ignored then they deserve to have incidents. Perhaps there are old **** like me out there who'd walk off if they saw that happen.

As I said I wasn't trying to be holier than thou, I've obviously touched a nerve in your ego for you to react the way you have so perhaps there's hope for you yet. I reckon I can suffer burning ears every time you curse me when you put down your gun safely :good:

I'm not a know all, haven't read any books on shooting in a long while but I know that all the time there are people around who expect others to take their word for gun safety there'll still be accidents.

One piece of bad press can do a hell of a lot more damage than taking the 5 or 10 seconds to put your gun where it's seen to be safe, a simple picture like the one I've commented on sends out its own message to all and sundry.

As to shoots not sending guns home if they are up to doing stupid things and allowing them to be ignored then they deserve to have incidents. Perhaps there are old **** like me out there who'd walk off if they saw that happen.

As I said I wasn't trying to be holier than thou, I've obviously touched a nerve in your ego for you to react the way you have so perhaps there's hope for you yet. I reckon I can suffer burning ears every time you curse me when you put down your gun safely :good:

oh I will ...lol