Mixed bag in Gloustershire

kwagga10

On our way to Stonehouse, we decided to stop at Ian Coleys gun shop, we first missed the turnoff, but got there in the end. I thought my Navara was a nice shooting truck, but it just dissapeard between the Range Rovers and BMWs, think they had a corporate event. Anyway, very nice shop, well stocked and friendly staff. We set out to see if we could get a couple of roe bucks, Sa Shooter shot a good sized buck and I managed to get this one. It was a 195m when it dropped. I used the Bushnell Fusion ARC 1600 Bino/rangfinder to range it, very handy bit of kit

post-23914-0-55256200-1339088119.jpg

Saterday we shot a few crows with the .22 off a silage glamp, after a while they stayed in the air, and we decided to decoy them with the ones we got with the .22s, it was great fun as we didnt had a hide, we just sad behind a bush. We had a few doubles, 'you take left and I take right' sort of thing, worked very well and we had a good laugh. We got a few ferrals and woodies to.

post-23914-0-19332500-1339088862.jpg

We went out saterday night to see if charlie was interested in the birds we left him. We stayed on the silage clamp under the roof, because the rain was p....g down. Just as we decided to leave, SA picked up a fox with the light about 100m away, I got the Ruger up and knocked charlie over, BUT he got up and ran off...first time i've seen charlie run off with a .243 85gr. Federal wound...He went down about 60m from where he first took the shot.

post-23914-0-94246100-1339089294.jpg

Overall it was a lovely weekend.

Thats a cracking weekend Kwagga.

Its truly amazing when a fox runs after taking a boiler room shot with .243....Ive seen it quite a few times and never ceases to amaze me , just imagine if you took a .243 in the chest I dont think you would be running. :no:

Im glad you posted this as it happened a couple of months ago to me and when I posted on here there was dis believers.....obviously not shot many foxes :lol:

Thats a cracking weekend Kwagga.

Its truly amazing when a fox runs after taking a boiler room shot with .243....Ive seen it quite a few times and never ceases to amaze me , just imagine if you took a .243 in the chest I dont think you would be running. :no:

Im glad you posted this as it happened a couple of months ago to me and when I posted on here there was dis believers.....obviously not shot many foxes :lol:

Cheers mate :good: Yes, it was unbelievable, when he got up he was all over the place as he was running away, but with the red filter and the rain it was difficult to see what was going on...anyway, we got him!! :D

Nice writeup fella, and a nice buck too! Well done.

I shoot a lot of farms around Stonehouse, it's my local patch. I'll drop you a PM to find out where you were at - I don't recognise it as anywhere I shoot but it may save me treading on any toes as I pick up more land. :good:

Look Kwagga. If you are going to have the cheek to come up here and shoot all our game at least have the decency to get the spelling right.....its Gloucestershire :lol: :lol: :yes:

:lol::lol::lol: I was witing for someone to commend on that! My sincerely apologize :blush::good:

:lol::lol::lol: I was witing for someone to commend on that! My sincerely apologize :blush::good:

I mean waiting...