Selling cars

Chr15j

I'm currently in the process of consolidating my cars. I seem to have acquired a few over time and it's time to get rid. And no I'm not a dealer despite the fact I'm into vehicle leasing

Funny storey #1

Selling a Skoda I picked up from a customer. Was going to keep it for the mrs but its too big for her, I digress.

Got a call from a potential buyer who wanted me to drive over to them as too busy. Was nearby and they offered to pay fuel so thought what the hell.

Test drive went well, guy drove it a bit harder than I would have liked but no great shakes. Anyways, he showed the wife who looked inside wondered off and the guy comes back later saying no sale as she not keen on inside (there were photos on the ad) oh well never mind I thought.

Awkward point where I had to ask for the fuel money he agreed (disappointed I had to ask) and he insulted me with a manky fiver. I took over an hour out, did a 60 mile trip including test drive and had brought wife in her car so I didn't have to walk home and he offers me a fiver!!! I tried to explain that a fiver wasn't exactly going to cut it and he took umbridge and told me to stop being cheeky and that I was lucky to get a fiver. I pointed out to him he had wasted my time bearing in mind the wife could have looked inside before his joyride and at photos online and he had the Gaul to say I had in fact wasted his time

***!!!!!

I kindly pointed out there was no waste of his time and he had to capitulate on this (idiot)!

That's the last time I will be driving to a punter!!!

Oh and to protect anyone else selling a car in the Cambridge area, if a guy who runs a pub called the eight bells in abbotsley wants to buy your car. Make sure he comes to you!!! Not the most friendly landlord either, won't be getting any custom from anyone I know anytime soon!

Funny storey number #2

Selling the wife's mini cooper. Selling with promise of new mot (currently expired) and needs new windscreen wiper motor. Anyways get a call from Malta from a woman who was interested, landing in Luton today and wants to come over. Ok I say.

Turned up today, she's buying to export to Malta took it there and then with no mot (haggled me down a bit but a bird in the hand.....) and drove off. Guarantee they didn't get it insured prior to driving off so they drove from Cambridge to Birmingham with no insurance and no mot. Crazy!!!

So now just looking to sell the Skoda superb and my freelander (so I can get a disco) plus the wife's ageing e30 BMW 320i se 2 dr saloon and then I will be able to see my drive again. I can only guess what other daft potential buyer storeys I will come across!

I was selling an MR2 14 years ago. Great car in great condition. :wub:

Some guy begged to come and have a look on the morning of my close cousin's wedding with the promise of a cash sale. He took it for a spin and thrashed it, ****! Then he kicked the tyres for best part of an hour and offered me £3k (it was up for £4k) I ended up sending him away with a flea in his ear and missing the wedding as the registry office locked the doors! :angry:

sold my otherhalfs mums 206 on ebay a few months back, two polish bods from Wisbeech bought it sounded like small traders just paid and gone. Two weeks later the first speeding ticket came through picked up that evening and a week after that a letter from a garage that had recovered it after an accident the following day. They wanted money for the recovery and storage etc all seems to have gone away now but no doubt they were uninsured and dumped it when they crashed it :oops:

sold my otherhalfs mums 206 on ebay a few months back, two polish bods from Wisbeech bought it sounded like small traders just paid and gone. Two weeks later the first speeding ticket came through picked up that evening and a week after that a letter from a garage that had recovered it after an accident the following day. They wanted money for the recovery and storage etc all seems to have gone away now but no doubt they were uninsured and dumped it when they crashed it :oops:

Moral of that story is to send the change of ownership details off yourself...i always do when passing a car on...regardless of who it is..

Moral of that story is to send the change of ownership details off yourself...i always do when passing a car on...regardless of who it is..

Except when the vehicle is to be exportes. You give up the whole V5 except the slip.

I sold my motorbike to a Polish guy who picked it up on the way to the port.

I called dvla and they confirmed the procedure, ie fill the form in and give up the whole v5! I did that and got the buyer to sign a piece of paper with time and date collected and then also wrote to dvla.

It was a long 2 weeks waiting for the 'thankyou for telling us you no longer own this vehicle' letter to arrive!