Dorset

dunganick

well i'm off to Dorset for 2 weeks on saturday, got a little bit of shooting planned (3 clay grounds within 30mins drive :lol: ), lots of doing nothing, probably get dragged around the normal beaches, game fairs etc... (its a tough life :no: )

Anyone who fancies a meet up to scare some clays etc... just drop me a line and i will see if i can escape for an afternoon, my number is 07812819777. I would be particually intrested in anyone in the area with some decoying, and would be quite happy to travel. I think we are staying near Chard (although apparently thats in Somerset)

Its a long shot but worth a crack :P

Dont you lot get into too much trouble while i'm gone :)

hi m8. welcome to dorset. i'm afraid i cant join you for a shoot am i'm an airgunner myself but get yourself to clay pigeon and apparently the purbeck shooting club's good too. try the local beers here. they make your hair grow curly (or so my dad said when i was knee high)! :no:

have you done clay pigeon before? apparently its a great site. (plus you could get some go-karting in!

:no: yes once or twice :lol:

i like purbeck, its friendly, cheap, well organised, runs the self trapping system and shows challenging but not impossible targets, been really looking forward to shooting there again. Might also have to go along to southern counties and watch one of the sunday comps.

staying near chard.......brave man. tis rough round them parts.

i live 40 mins from chard, there was a shooting there a few years back.

is that its name?

any address or details for it?

-----------

it looks like The Clay Pigeon is what is better known as Southern Counties, which is one of the grounds i intened to visit, thanks anyway :no:

nick, got your pm,southern counties is a good clay ground its just up from evershot, about an hour from me will phone you in the week im working all the week end lots of work on.

:P okay i dont think i will be walking into chard friday evening then :)

We are staying in a cottage, so hopefully its out of town a bit, chard is just our largest local town.

And if there is a shooting we will be more than equiped to return the favour :):no:

If you give me a ring durring the week we will see what we can organise :lol:

I missed this thread before. I am just back from a weeks holiday in Dorset. It would have been more than my life is worth to have taken rifle or shot guns with me. I did pop in to the southern counties for a look. A nice set up with a cracking tower. The sportsman of Dorset gun shop managed to releive me of a few pounds for some reloading gear as well as a DVD and a new rifle sling!! Next time I go I will smuggle the shot gun under the dogs bed.

Dave

Dorset Wildfowlers BBQ and clayshoot tomorow 12th saturday, nr Poole, you are welcome as my guest,

Sunday 13th I have a clay shoot nr Wimborne Minster just north of Poole,

if your interested ring me where on every weekend sat or sun.

Captain (Barry) 07860 830 823

Your ears wil be burning Captain :P

You will like Nick. he is a top lad and good company to boot.

LB

• 4 weeks later...