Bad start,, Best ever finish !!!

rec-baller

got up at 5 on Sunday morning to go and visit 2 golf courses i have permission for, met my mate at the first one just after 5,30am. had a quick look round and saw a few bunnies knocking about so i took my rifle out of it,s slip-- i had decided to take my Ruger 10/22 with me for a change instead of my .17HMR, saw my first bunny- rested the rifle on my sticks-safety off and pulled the trigger--only to miss the bunny , i was shooting 6" low !!!i don,t know if ive knocked the scope getting it out of the cabinet or what, i tried to shoot 2 more rabbit,s only to miss both of them, disgresion got the better over me so i gave up shooting, i truly don,t belive in injuring my prey for it to run away and die a slow death !!!

we decided to go and have a look at permission number two, when we got there just after 6.30 am we met the head groundskeeper, we asked if he had seen any rabbit,s knocking about, he litteraly burst out laughing--take a look round he said there loads, he was,nt joking, i,ve never seen as many, there were litteraly dozens of rabbits knocking about !!!i was stood like an idiot with a defunt rifle, i had too walk away and say i would return at night.

i rang my mate and asked if he fancied a walk round the golf course - he jumped at the chance, so i met him there at 7.30pm rang the police to check in as it,s close to some houses and got kitted up and went onto the golf course, i have heard other people say that they have seen grass "moving with rabbit,s " i never had till last night, there were even more out, 2hours later we,de done 32 rabbits between us-we collected 28 and lost 4 in the undergrowth a personal best for us , we litteraly could,nt carry them all there was so much weight.

i honestly belive we only just scratched the surface last night, so i can,t wait for next weekend and go out again, i only want to thin them out - not wipe them out as hopefully we should have a good supply all year long, the only thing is my mates freezer is now full to the brim !! we don,t waste any

on the way out i rang the golf course owner to tell him how many we,de got and he was shocked by the number but happy

post-8767-0-90851900-1339445527.jpg

my 10/22post-8767-0-39301900-1339445910.jpg

shaun

Edited by rec-baller

Well done mate, Good job there :good:

Thanks chaps,, bad feeling when u think you're going to blank, so I'm glad I went back with a reliable rifle,, the stock is a boyds one, just ordered an exact same one for the HMR, can't wait to get it and fit it, its got a Richards microfit one on at the moment,,

Shaun