lawrence thompson

dodgy dave

A true gentleman and a stalwart of holbeach club. Also served on the dawsmere group committee and was the focal point with the RAF camp. I knew he had been poorly for a while. RIP Laurie. My condolences go to his family and all that knew him. Another legend of the wash gone but will never be forgotten.

Yes i,d just heard about lawrence,i beleive he,d been in a wheel chair for some time,very sad ,all my hero,s are dissapearing .

As far as I am aware he was not in a wheel chair , he had been undergoing dialysis for a few years though ,apparently he passed away shortly after returning home from a session ,very much a man of the wash both shooting and fishing.

• 1 month later...

Can remember quite well the last time we met on the washes:

He had his son with him, in fact he had,had, such a good morning on the washes he offered me a couple of widgeon from his bag, Yes I did accept them as I had got down for the afternoon/Evening flight::

Sorry to hear this another good bloke who knew what he was talking about gone, hey ho, who`s next..

Keep shooting were ever you are Lawrence::

Edited by subsonicnat