air guns

mossy835

90ft maybe. :no: He will not be killing crows at that distance. It doesn't have the kenetic energy or accuracy for a clean kill at that range. :good: Either that or when he paced it out he has tiny paces. :good:

FM :no:

Yes, and I bet at that range my penis is about 3 ft long....

90yds.............NO CHANCE....

He would have to aim way above his scope mill dots, about another 6 or 7 of them........and then have to adjust for wind.............

1st question.........why is he shooting crows at 90yds.........not very responsible.

90ft maybe. :no: He will not be killing crows at that distance. It doesn't have the kenetic energy or accuracy for a clean kill at that range. :no: Either that or when he paced it out he has tiny paces. :good:

FM :no:

Yes, and I bet at that range my penis is about 3 ft long....

90yds.............NO CHANCE....

He would have to aim way above his scope mill dots, about another 6 or 7 of them........and then have to adjust for wind.............

1st question.........why is he shooting crows at 90yds.........not very responsible.

iv no ideer spoke to his dad and he just told me that, he said he has a scope with red dots in it. :good:

next time your walking down the road with him, ask him to point out a parked car parked about 90 yards away LOL if he points to one more than 5 cars away i would be suprised LOL Most people have no idea what distance they are shooting at, this is why i dont do distance, but paces, after so many years of this i can work it out pretty accuratly.

And yes it is possible to hit a crow at that distance but totaly the wrong thing to do, hold over is about 3' at that distance and would probably run out if power at that distance.

no matter what the quarry it always deserves the best shot possible (apart from rats, but not going there here)

ROB :good:

my mates boy has a weirauch 100 air rifle he hit a crow at 90 yards, the other day is that poss.

With a .177 12ft/lb rifle, yes, it is possible to hit a crow at 90yds. It is unlikely to kill it though.I've got a HW100, and have done a lot of testing at longer distances (there is a 100yd marked range at Kibworth Shooting Ground,Leics.)

It surprised me that I only need around 8" of holdover to hit a target plate at 100yards.I fired maybe 100 shots at it, and hit the 1" knock-over target only once.Of course, all shots were bench rested.Getting within 3" of it is easy, but hitting the 1" round hole is very hard.

Crows can only be shot at up to around 40 yards with a legal airgun IMO.They are tough birds, and if not hit in the middle of the head, even at 40yds, they are likely to fall over, flap about, then take off again.Shotgunners I know have said the same thing, they shoot a crow out of the sky, go to pick it up, it then jumps up and flies off.

Alan.