Rabbits for ritches?

fiiish1987

fiiish1987 so you live just down the road from me then? Weymouth Lad myself. I thought you portland lads were not allowed to say rabbit and have to call them bunnies?

The quarries hate the rabbits, or always did. I have heard of people going shooting on the island but without permission! The old bill mostly turn a blind eye from what I hear, wouldn't risk it myself.

Still, join the dorchester rifle club, I go most Tuesdays through the winter, and I don't mind giving a lift if you can make it into weymouth.

Guest Mr Pieman

Don't you guys use Gamedealers? I shoot several rabbits a year (Hi Tiercel, 2005 finished with 6319 :lol: )

The price varies a bit throughout theyear, but usually averages out at £1-15 paunched - headshots only.

PP

Evilv,

If you want to learn how to skin rabbits quickly have a look at this thread.Might give you an idea or 2.

Tiercel

Hey thanks Tiercel. It was useful, I never thought of cutting the skin at the back. I have some to do today so I'll try that. Usually, I work my fingers between the skin and the belly flesh where I opened the rabbit for paunching. It's easy enough to seperate them there, on a 'youngun' at least. Some of the bigger rabbits have really tough skins. I always give them away for that reason and make my pies out of a bunch of young ones.

Pieman's idea about game dealers is a good one. A Yellow pages job I think.

fiiish1987 so you live just down the road from me then? Weymouth Lad myself. I thought you portland lads were not allowed to say rabbit and have to call them bunnies?

The quarries hate the rabbits, or always did. I have heard of people going shooting on the island but without permission! The old bill mostly turn a blind eye from what I hear, wouldn't risk it myself.

Still, join the dorchester rifle club, I go most Tuesdays through the winter, and I don't mind giving a lift if you can make it into weymouth.

I AM NOT PORTLAND SCUM!!! :lol: I'm a weymouth lad also. i did't think there were any airgunners round here. is that the club off bincombe?

I AM NOT PORTLAND SCUM!!! :lol: I'm a weymouth lad also. i did't think there were any airgunners round here. is that the club off bincombe?

Theres an ft club off bincombe, the dorch club is a proper gun club which has an all year 25yrd range and an outdoor 100yrd range at Piddle Hinton. As far as I know there are not that many Air Gun hunters around, plenty of people in the area with larger stuff and shot guns. I am looking for land at the moment, I have one small shoot a Winfrith but I am looking for something for FAC power stuff.

I've got a little shoot on the combe valley road. holds a population of rabbits large enough for feeding myself at the mo. I only know of two other airgunners around here.

Most of the big land has had its shooting rights sold off. Still there are quite a few large small holdings around the area.

• 5 years later...