Terrano

Daany

Hi I'm looking at a 06 plate terrano does any 1 have any reviews on them it's a van back I'm after, iv looked in to pick up both l200 and d22 and can honestly say, what iv read is really of putting, my old man had the swb ford maverick and it's a cracking car pulls you thought anything, and he's converted the back in to a van back now, and you can't fault it, my main concern was if the terrano was the same engine as the d22 thanks for any help you could give Danny

On a 06 it could be either the 2.7 tdi, which is the same as the d22 or more likely the 3.0 tdi, again a very good engine with a fair bit more power than the 2.7.

I have a 2001 Terrano 2.7 and really think they are an under rated truck, but that's good as you get a lot of truck for not a lot of money :good:

Ditto SP3.

I've had 3 LR Disco's, a Shogun 2.8td , a 3.0TD Trooper and a Suzuki Grand Vit 2.0Td

Bought a SWB Terrano 2, 2.7TDI earlier this year and it's brilliant, I would not hesitate. :good:

Edited by MITCHF

Iv looked at a few now any there a total rott box underneath wich is a real shame as they look a good sturdy engine, I'm considering a freelander and put so all taraine tyres on it, I dnt want it for serious off road, mainly to put labs in and get me through some mud when out shooting

Iv looked at a few now any there a total rott box underneath wich is a real shame as they look a good sturdy engine, I'm considering a freelander and put so all taraine tyres on it, I dnt want it for serious off road, mainly to put labs in and get me through some mud when out shooting

No rot on mine buddy, the chassis rails get a little dry, but they just need a good wax oiling. You open up a can of worms buying a free lander mate, a truck with a very dodgy reliability history!

I'd be fibbing if I said there was no rot on mine but it was cheap as chips, looks half decent and will go anywhere I ask it to.

Mine came with new tyres and MOT and at the price I paid it only had to last a year to be worth it.

Maybe iv just picked a few bad ones to look at but il keep looking till I find a good 1 I'm du to look at 56 plate van back but it's done 135 thousand miles and owned by a phone company so wouldn't say it's had to much stick manly motorway miles and if need be a cross a feild to a phone mask, I don't no what sort of mileage you Lads gave on yours and what sort of milage they tend to end to the scrap yard

Hi Danny

What sort of money you looking at spending? If your happy to go a bit older you can pick up some bargains as they are basically the same car from about 2000 onwards. Mine has half that mileage and is an X reg.

If its a phone company that wont necessarily mean motorway mileage, only works out about 75 miles a day and that could easily be around towns or country roads. Also if its driven like you normally see people driving company vans it would of been doing 85mph on the motorway all the time- max speed is only about 93 not that i have tried :unsure: .

As for mileages though I bought the truck as i do a lot miles and spent a fortune on normal cars but have seen terranos do well in excess of 200,000 miles.

Edited by ferguson_tom

Think mine just rolled over 129k.

Forgot to mention I am a farmer and expect it to go in some pretty iffy places at times.

Only thing I don't like about the newer ones is the "fly by wire" accelerator, wouldn't stop me buying one but do prefer the finer control of cable.

The engines are fitted to black cabs but are not indestructable. I should know, I destroyed one. :blush:

Edited by 39TDS

:) iv had the Terrano on a 56 plate and got to admit I'm very impressed I dnt think I could fault it in any way, best move iv ever done going from a car to the truck, just beef some sensible tyres now that's going to pull through some pretty bad places when shooting and going to be good on the road, thanks for all the advice,

* need*

I have got a 2006 Terrano 3.0 DI.

Mine was a van back but I added rear seats. It has air con and Japanese reliability.

I have added a high performance air filter and had the ECU remapped.

It is a very reliable truck and it absolutely flies.

If I chose to, it would sit at 110 mph all day long.

I look at Defenders and like the look but when I do the maths I could have newer two Terranos for the same as one older Defender. It just doesn't stack up.

One thing to watch for a mate recently bought a fourtrack van with rearseats but struggled to get insurance as it was a van eventually got a sensible quote from aviva

I insure through Adrian Flux. I informed them about the rear seats and there was no extra in premium.

Hi

ive a 2.7 swb T reg with 18800 mile on just had a mot required rear brake cylinder, small section of fuel pipe and two ball joints on steering didnt cost much for parts at all. has a box section suspension so solid still only a little rust on front wing thats not a mot problem.

I looked into a free lander but it cant travel over deep tracks well and a lot have had the rear drive removed due to problems.

Hi I'm looking at a 06 plate terrano does any 1 have any reviews on them it's a van back I'm after, iv looked in to pick up both l200 and d22 and can honestly say, what iv read is really of putting, my old man had the swb ford maverick and it's a cracking car pulls you thought anything, and he's converted the back in to a van back now, and you can't fault it, my main concern was if the terrano was the same engine as the d22 thanks for any help you could give Danny

Go to the nissan 4x4 owners club site and ask most will say the 2.7 There's a lot information there. David.