your first shotgun

Guest newarcher1

Guest newarcher1

do you remember the first shotgun you bought i bought mine in 1968 it was purchased from a mail order catalouge run by a neighbour it was a coey 12b single barrel hammer as soon as it arrived i went to the post office to buy my licence it cost 10shilling i cant remember how much the gun cost but i am sure it would have been under £20 i saw one in a gun shop the other day the memories came flooding back it claimed a few rabbits sold for a shilling each to a fish and game shop

It was an AYA yoman S/S, secondhand from Entwistle guns in Preston (when they were in the cattle market). I had it from 18 to my early thirties when i sold all my shotguns for a period and stuck with just rifles as i became dogless. To be fair i sort of wish i kept it as i shot well with it (the way you can when a gun realy becomes part of you) and it did all i asked with lead. The other guns i lost at that time were a single barrel BSA snipe 12 bore and an Investarm folding u/o .410 (never missed them a bit)

Old Biakal O/U, bought from a mates dad for 80 quid, wish I never sold it now :(

Exactly the same here. Old Baikel O/U 12 bore bought from a dads mate for £100. Had 2 sets of barrels - sporting & skeet. Heavy old thing but it was excellent on the clays. Ended up selling it to a gunshop for £150.