Chewing bedding

adam f

Any ideas chaps?

My 8 month cocker is generally well behaved. She lives in the houses but semi-kennelled in the utility room. She gets plenty of family stimulation and training with me for around an hour a day.

But, I've been pulling my hair out with her chewing her expensive bedding. She doesn't chew much else that she shouldn't, and I always leave her rags, toys and plastic bottles to chew but she seems to have an affection for bedding.

I'm posting this as I've just got home from work to find her new £40 bedding ripped to pieces!

Adam

Dogs don't realy need bedding anyway, is it a sepparation issue?

will they still sleep on it?

im not sure! I've never tried it on bedding only on furniture. You could possibly try it on an old type of bedding first. I'm sure its not that expensive to try. my parents dog used to chew table legs when she was young and they used that and it worked.

Don't think it's a separation or boredom.

I've got a kong but not tried filling it. I'll give tht a go. TBH it usually occurs first thing in the morning before I let her out.

I know they don't need much bedding but the crate has a steel base on cold floor tiles. It's not the nicest for her to sleep on.

If she keeps on I'll go for a piece of carpet.

Thanks for all the advice.

Don't think it's a separation or boredom.

I've got a kong but not tried filling it. I'll give tht a go. TBH it usually occurs first thing in the morning before I let her out.

I know they don't need much bedding but the crate has a steel base on cold floor tiles. It's not the nicest for her to sleep on.

If she keeps on I'll go for a piece of carpet.

Thanks for all the advice.

replace the metal pull out tray with some plywood to fit then