CLA Bargains

Cosd

Funny you should mention this. Got an email this morning which started:

MLG's 'NOT THE CLA GAME

FAIR' SALE OFFER

No need for an expensive ticket, a two-hour car

park wait, rain, mud, floods, grumpy traders,

rain, crowds, rain or other peoples' children...

Did I mention the rain?

****************************************** telling me what you want from the

offers below and I will invoice you by return,

'while stocks last'.

If anyone needs a copy of the email - with pictures of what's on sale - pm me. Cartridge bags are £25 off, leather gun slip £50 off and so on, with P&P inlcuded. We've got a couple of his leather cartridge bags - nothing fancy but thick saddle grade leather and lasting well despite abuse!

There's a facebook page set up by the CLA listing all the exhibitors who are still offering the deals (or similar ones) to the ones they were going to do at the show. Not a huge amount on it at the moment, but i expect it'll be growing.

Also Guns on Pegs are going to do an email circular with details of deals on it if the exhibitors stump up £50 to be on it!

AB

http://www.facebook.com/CLAGameFair/app_202980683107053

If you are on Twitter

In response to the cancellation of the CLA Game Fair the hashtag #CLABIZ has been launched to support rural businesses and provides a platform for promotion, networking, meeting customers and suppliers, and driving increased sales.

Exhibitors and other rural businesses can get involved and spread the word by:

1.Following @thegamefair on Twitter and using the hashtag #CLABIZ.

2.Searching for the hash tag, following and re-tweeting other #CLABIZ users.

3.Telling your fellow exhibitors and your customers about #CLABIZ and getting the word out there.

Lets make this work in support of rural business and defy the bad weather!

https://twitter.com/TheGameFair

Or, if you are on facebook

SUPPORTING OUR EXHIBITORS

We have created the new CLA Game Fair Exhibitor Market Place - a new Facebook Forum for our exhibitors.

By clicking the blue Forum icon above, exhibitors can choose the section their business fits into and post their CLA Game Fair deals and offers.

Check out the Forum regularly to make sure you don't miss out on the CLA Game Fair shopping experience!

Please everyone, support our exhibitors and Facebook and tweet the forum to all of your friends and followers, asking them to share and retweet it. We will do the same.

We will be monitoring the Forum closely so please respect it and use it appropriately - thank you.

http://www.facebook.com/CLAGameFair/app_202980683107053

Edited by huffhuff

Friend made a good point earlier today. Being the Game fair was cancelled there must be a fair bit of surplus stock around.

Has anyone heard of sales or good deals anywhere?

ashby show went ahead sunday got a tracer 170 for only 70 quid and a nice game bag with weigh sling liner etc for 14 quid well pleased a good day and it didnt rain and the cider was goood on draft cheers.anybody know of a link to the gamefair offers without facebook or twitter or is that the only access atb clakk

Edited by clakk

Apols guys, probably should have said hi. Been reading the forum for sometime now and really enjoy the banter and advice so thought I would push the boat out and add something. Licence application is with the FAO and have been honing my skills up at Sporting Targets for the last month or so until it comes through. Anyway looking forward to a long and beautiful relationship............

Edited by Herr Plinker

Apols guys, probably should have said hi. Been reading the forum for sometime now and really enjoy the banter and advice so thought I would push the boat out and add something. Licence application is with the FAO and have been honing my skills up at Sporting Targets for the last month or so until it comes through. Anyway looking forward to a long and beautiful relationship............

You'll get a better audience (and more welcome hugs) by posting this in the 'Welcome to Pigeon Watch' forum :)

Welcome anyway :)

ashby show went ahead sunday got a tracer 170 for only 70 quid and a nice game bag with weigh sling liner etc for 14 quid well pleased a good day and it didnt rain and the cider was goood on draft cheers.anybody know of a link to the gamefair offers without facebook or twitter or is that the only access atb clakk

Ashby show was actually really good! Fine weather all day, a good clay shoot put on my Melbourne tackle and gun and a great set of trading stands and exhibits out. It was a good alternative to the CLA in my mind, minus gun makers row. Only one gun shop present at Ashby show and they only had air guns.

Ought to give a 'big up' to the shops making the effort:

EJ Churchills who have a Friday and Saturday mini Game Fair

http://www.ejchurchill.com/PDFs/July2012/Country%20Fair.pdf

Sportfish Reading:

Sportfish Reading Open Day Saturday 21st July

Plans are coming together for Saturday's open day - here is what's planned so far and not in any particular order:-

Hardy/Greys - Peter Gibson will be on hand to advise on products. We have promotions on Hardy Uniqua rods/reels, Greys Reels and GRXi Rod/Reel combo's.

Wychwood Game Fishing - Will show part one of their new Film about fishing in New York State, give away some goody bags. Charles Jardine will demonstrate Wychwood's new fly lines.

Fly Odyssey - Will be on hand to discuss fishing travel with special guest Sebastian Galilea from Cincos Rios Lodge in Chile.

Costa Sunglasses - Steve Chance will answer all your questions on choosing the best lenses for your fishing.

Fulling Mill Flies - Will be tying flies and advising on the best patterns for you.

Hog Roast - The Ubiquitous Pig will roast a pig - thats lunch sorted!

Roxtons - Will have special guests from the Fly Shop in the USA to promote fishing in South America.

John Horsey - will be promoting his new TV fishing series filmed with Chris Tarrant.

Dave Lewis - from Shimano will be on hand to discuss his sea fishing adventures.

Paul Proctor from Orvis will demonstrate his casting skills and advise on Orvis tackle.

Smokin Drag Productions - Check out their fantastic new adventure fishing DVD Uncharted Waters Bassas Da India.

Second Hand Rod Deal - Part exchange your old Hardy, Sage or Loomis for a shiny new model.

Outside Days - Meet Owner Howard Day and discuss his bespoke fieldsports days.

Prize Draw - If you are not busy next week enter a draw to win a place on next weeks Sea Trout fishing course on the River Towy worth £750

Special Open day deals and discounts - special summer saver offers.

This is still a work in progress and we are hoping to add more.

See you saturday.

Doors open at 9.00am