Theoben rapid 7 mk2 to FAC???

Marcel

HI guys anyone know the best place to get a Theoben rapid 7 mk2 upgraded to FAC. I spoke to Theoben direct they can do a 24 lb conversion for £97.50 using my original 16" barrel, or a 28 lb on a new 23" barrel for around £245. I dont want to lengthen my barrel past say 19" to he honest, but would like to get it upto around 26-28 lb, not sure where else to ask.

Anyone recomend anything?

Thanks

HI guys anyone know the best place to get a Theoben rapid 7 mk2 upgraded to FAC. I spoke to Theoben direct they can do a 24 lb conversion for £97.50 using my original 16" barrel, or a 28 lb on a new 23" barrel for around £245. I dont want to lengthen my barrel past say 19" to he honest, but would like to get it upto around 26-28 lb, not sure where else to ask.

Thanks

Your better off selling it as a 12ftlb gun then buying an FAC rated one. off ticket airguns sell for much more than FAC ones of the same age and condition s/hand

Yeah I did think that, but Ive had this gun for quite a few years, and its in as new condition and really wanted to keep it, Theoben were only talking less than £100 to convert it so its no big deal. But wanted to go a little more than 24lb on the 16" barrel. Just noticed Milbro website, but their conversion prices seem to be a lot more money.

I wonder if there is any other options :hmm:

Thanks

Why not just buy an FAC one and keep your sub 12 ftlb just tell her indoors its an investment. :lol:

They don`t lose money they only go up in value a sound investment. :good:

Thats what i tell mine and it works i have 7 PCPs and 3 Springers and they are all worth more than i paid for them not that i would sell any. :no:

HAPPY. :shoot::shoot::shoot:

I dount very much id ever use a sub 12lb air gun, if I had a FAC to be honest. I'm more into my live rounds and shotgun, but have a few bits of ground they will only clear for FAC air so really need one in the cabinet for these jobs when they pop up.

That being said it all comes down to converstion costs I guess.

I dount very much id ever use a sub 12lb air gun, if I had a FAC to be honest. I'm more into my live rounds and shotgun, but have a few bits of ground they will only clear for FAC air so really need one in the cabinet for these jobs when they pop up.

That being said it all comes down to converstion costs I guess.

You will be surprised i have both and i find i get a lot of jobs like rats or feral pigeons in barns were a 12 ftlb gun is over the top. :yes:

I have just done a job on a pig farm in pig sheds close range rats were i wouldn`t dream of using a 30 ftlb gun i was getting the odd ricochets were the pellet had gone through a rat head and bounced of a wall very awkward when the pigs are there as well. :w00t:

I use the FAC for long range rabbits and squirrels but the 12 ftlb rifles get used more. :yes:

Think twice before parting with your sub 12 ftlb guns. :yes:

HAPPY :shoot::shoot::shoot:

Just looked at the ben taylor site, I found him earlier through the milbro site, their prices seem to be alot higher but worth a call also to see what they offer. :good:

If you look where it says upgrades offered it says £65 for the mk2. 100 shots at 26 fpe or you can specify more power and less shots if you want.

Mmm where did you find that info, the only thing in upgrades I can find is-

Theoben Rapid Service & Tune £ 99

Theoben Rapid 12ft lb Regulator Conversion £255

Theoben Rapid FAC Regulator Conversion £305

Theoben .22 barrel only for 12ft lb/FAC £115

I did get an email back earier and they quoted me £99 for a 27-29lb upgrade so thats inline with the theoben site i suppose :huh:

Mmm where did you find that info, the only thing in upgrades I can find is-

Theoben Rapid Service & Tune £ 99

Theoben Rapid 12ft lb Regulator Conversion £255

Theoben Rapid FAC Regulator Conversion £305

Theoben .22 barrel only for 12ft lb/FAC £115

I did get an email back earier and they quoted me £99 for a 27-29lb upgrade so thats inline with the theoben site i suppose :huh:

Google bentaylorandson.co.uk/upgrades and then scroll down to upgrades available. Found it there. Maybe prices have gone up?