vw touraeg

tweedledee

guys anyone able to comment on the touraeg as an everyday car?????? thinking of parting my mk5 gti in for one. would like plenty of space and comfort??? i am a vw fan and run my vws for little so long as they are serviced,all been totally reliable.i don`t do huge miles so not too bad. would prefer a manual car. any problem areas to look out for or consider????

My old man had the 2.5 TDI for about a year. He loved everything about it except the fuel economy and sluggishness of the autobox. The interior was of great quality and it was a properly imposing motor with fantastic road presence. It ate motorway miles like nothing I have every driven/been driven in.

Go for something with more poke than the 2.5 and you won't be disappointed!

:good:

do you know what economy was like when not abused?also wondering what tax is like

30mpg on motorways with a light foot. I made it return something like 11 mpg going to get a curry once. The 2.5 straight 5 lump in the older models is old and inefficient compared to the slightly newer models. I am sure they are much better now.

I work for vw and ther good the early ones some times have wireing problems the 2.5 tdi pd engines can have problems with oil and water mix normally water pump or the heat exchanger. Go for a auto dsg v6 there very good all round very quick powerfull and easy to drive and the v6 engines seem more harder and suffer less faults. But they do where front tyres out on the outer edge becouce you forget how fast you can drive a 2ton car round a corner

Mine is the 2.5 and it was a bit sluggish until I had it re-mapped which transformed the car and improved fuel economy

Watch for prop shaft falling apart at about 90k miles

Apart from that I like mine. (allways had Range Rovers)

Cheers Mark

My boss has 3 Tourages. Thee R50 which is a beast, 5.0 litre twin turbo v10, the new V8 and a V6 all very nice motors. The V6 is the most comfortable to drive and a very nice spec inside. We use it to take clients out and his everyday car aswell as an M3 and Aston Martin DB9. :good:

I've had a 3.2 V6 petrol Touareg for a while and it's a great car. Very nice to drive on road as an every day car and capable enough for me off road.If you have to replace the propshaft it is costly (£900)I know as it happened to me.Didnt put me off it and I still drive around with a smile on my face :yes:

I have a 3.0 V6 "Altitude" Auto. Very well equiped, comfortable and relaxing on a run, get some proper tyres if you intend going off road. Goes like stink - I hate to think about how much diesel it burns but I am a bit heavy footed. I have had it from new, just over 3 years ago, after I went to get a Polo for my daughter and was made an offer I couldn't refuse. My local dealer had some cars they bought in new from VW at very good prices which they wanted to shift so it is worth calling around.

Nick