Howa 1500 .223

libs

Had problems with my 1500 .308 being tight chambered. Bolt wouldn't close any of my full length sized cases but would on a Wolf factory round (only one I could get hold of to try). In the end my RFD/Gunsmith checked it and the chamber is right on the tight end but passes with a go/no go gauge.

In the end he took about 20 thou off the bottom of my full length die which allowed it to be adjusted an extra turn, it's now set at +1/4 turn and bumps the case shoulder back an extra few thou so problem solved!. My Steyr on the other hand is at the other end of the spec so anything feeds :)

What sort of a group did you get at 200 if you dont mind me asking. Im going to the range next sunday would like somthing to aim for.

didnt take any targets up,i went down to the 200 and lined up a load of those little Yakult bottles..... for some strange reason i like seeing them go flying 25 foot in the air....,i will take some up next week if i go.

mikky