1st night out for a while

Stratts

Went out last night on rape stubble after the farmer rang to say there's a few bunnies about and had a great couple of hours.

Bagged 5 with the .22 lr and as I was about to call it a night I happened across this fella about 60yds away. Watched him scraping around in the mud for a few minutes, settled on the sticks and squeeked him in to no more than 30 yds and took a head shot between the ear and eye.

My mate is on about getting one stuffed and this proved to be the ideal opportunity as the round dropped him instantly with no exit wound :good: He's also in perfect condition all round!

Anyone seen bunnies the colour of the outside 2 before? I'm wondering if a pet has escaped and started breeding with wild ones?

Cheers

PS

Before I get flamed Cambs are ok with lr for fox and I would never take a shot past 50 yds on charlie, which is why I squeeked him in close :good:

post-24909-0-90578500-1343918690.jpg

post-24909-0-41603100-1343918706.jpg

Went out last night on rape stubble after the farmer rang to say there's a few bunnies about and had a great couple of hours.

Bagged 5 with the .22 lr and as I was about to call it a night I happened across this fella about 60yds away. Watched him scraping around in the mud for a few minutes, settled on the sticks and squeeked him in to no more than 30 yds and took a head shot between the ear and eye.

My mate is on about getting one stuffed and this proved to be the ideal opportunity as the round dropped him instantly with no exit wound :good: He's also in perfect condition all round!

Anyone seen bunnies the colour of the outside 2 before? I'm wondering if a pet has escaped and started breeding with wild ones?

Cheers

PS

Before I get flamed Cambs are ok with lr for fox and I would never take a shot past 50 yds on charlie, which is why I squeeked him in close :good:

Afew on my permissions and well done on the shooting :good:

P8252853-1.jpg