undertaker choke

Terry P

I've been advised that it will improve my range and is a better size for patterning for the 3.5" BB size shot that I use for the geese on the foreshore. After reading the forums i've decided to take the plunge and get one.

I have real doubts it does anything but give extra confidence (an important factor non the less) personally. have you actually patterned your std 1/2 choke at the ranges you intend? i should definatly do that first. Can you then post pictures of the improvement if any?

Thanks for the reply, I have patterned my fatory chokes, I don't have them now but my imc choke for duck at 40yrds with a 3" 36g gamebore mammoth was excellent, but from imc to half were not good enough with BB, I hope that with a undertaker I will be able to take good clean kills out to 50yrds with 3.5" gamebore in BB. 99% of my shooting is on the foreshore and I want to make the most of the chances that come my way.

I will of course pattern the new choke at 50yrd to see if its an improvement or not, and happily post them for you. :good:

Looking like i'll be ordering from usa.

I have just seen an ad in the sporting shooter for Pateren Master chokes and I have contacted them to see if they can supply chokes for my Baikal MP153.

Anyone know of these chokes and how do they compair to the undertaker or any other makes of chokes. Again like Terry this will be mainly for geese on the foreshore and maby inland over stubble.

Cheers,

BBL

Hi Guys.

I contacted Pro Ducks and Goose who import the Patern Master and below is the reply from them. As I am looking for a choke for my Baikal semi auto they dont keep them on the shelf and would have to be specially made

I also had a look at the Trulock and they are a good bit more expensive.

Not sure about the 65 & 85 yards though and as for the 95yards ??

Any have any comments on this.

BBL

"The best choke all round is the code black Long range duck it takes all types of shot it will kill geese over the decoys no problem in fact ideal for duck and geese inland. and the extended range goose for the foreshore. They are not cheap the duck is£99.00 and the goose is £109.00 if you buy both i knock £9.00 off each choke and pay postage and you get free decals and hat too.They are amazing i have sold 113 up to now that's in a month and still got back orders for 36 more. the goose one will kill geese at 85yards with 3.5inch bb or bbb. the duck will kill geese at 65yards and duck with normal cartridges at 65yards if you put 3.5 inch through it will Kill mallard up to 95yards if you can hit em i have done this more than once"

Hi Guys.

I contacted Pro Ducks and Goose who import the Patern Master and below is the reply from them. As I am looking for a choke for my Baikal semi auto they dont keep them on the shelf and would have to be specially made

I also had a look at the Trulock and they are a good bit more expensive.

Not sure about the 65 & 85 yards though and as for the 95yards ??

Any have any comments on this.

BBL

"The best choke all round is the code black Long range duck it takes all types of shot it will kill geese over the decoys no problem in fact ideal for duck and geese inland. and the extended range goose for the foreshore. They are not cheap the duck is£99.00 and the goose is £109.00 if you buy both i knock £9.00 off each choke and pay postage and you get free decals and hat too.They are amazing i have sold 113 up to now that's in a month and still got back orders for 36 more. the goose one will kill geese at 85yards with 3.5inch bb or bbb. the duck will kill geese at 65yards and duck with normal cartridges at 65yards if you put 3.5 inch through it will Kill mallard up to 95yards if you can hit em i have done this more than once"

just what i thought actually and the worst case of over selling i have ever seen- keep your money in your wallet IMO. who at the end of the day will discount 10% when they have back orders? if it smells like it, looks like it then it probebly is ;)