Altberg Highmoor Boots

White Rabbit

Morning All,

Looking for a new pair of boots and fancy a change from Miendl Dovre's. (my last pair rubbed the tops of my toes) Does anyone have a pair of Altbergs? I need something in a wide fitting,,high leg, and with a rubber front to stop the heather stripping the leather.

The Highmoors seem to fit the bill but I'd like some opinions on them please? They'll be worn Grouse beating 6 days a week so need to be able to take some abuse.

Regards

WR

Altberg are good boots and I have a few pairs but not the Highmoors which I sent back. Sole was a Skywalk unit and not a Commando sole I asked specifically for.

I am afraid I found their customer service and stocking policy very dissapointing especially when they tried charging me postage for their error.

This is a shame as their boots, if they send the right ones, are excellent but the ones I wanted were out of stock (They make them!!!) for 6 months.

I bought another pair of meindels rather than wait.

I wear altberg mallerstang walking boots great for wide fit feet as they come in five width fittings and they will stretch them for you at the factory if you need it. Best boots I've worn, I'm waiting for them to start making country boots with a higher leg for driven shooting days. When I was in last beginning of the year they said they were looking at making some.Think they would try and sort you out with your requirements, give them a call.

Figgy

i've got the altberg bergan boot which i've used for in brecon, spadeadam, otterburn etc they're are the muts nuts. Beware they cut slightly narrow so if your not going for a wide fitting get atleast a 1/2 size bigger (i think its all explained on their site) better still go to the factory and they'll fit you up.

I have had my altberg peacekeepers for 10 years now they are great and stand up to constant wear. They have done 3 tours of Iraq and 1 afganistan as well as countless excerises. The sole has gone thin now but I expect them back next week from being re-soled.

I'm looking to buy a brown pair now

Thanks for the replies lads. Bought a pair of Highmoors last night and a pair of Svartz insoles. Really pleased with how they look and seem to be well made. Took them out for 5-6 miles this morning. The top of my right foot nipped abit for the first 1/2 mile then after that they were perfect once the leather had given.

Found the laces too short to double knot so they gave me a longer set FOC and a tin of wax for nowt. With the discount I got on the boots it made the £25 insoles free aswell so I'm happy with the deal.

Looking forward to a long hard season in them and seeing how they cope!

Regards

WR