Maxus but which one

Dominicrobed

Hi

Next month Im going to buy a new browning maxus

I will be using it for pigeon shooting and maybe clays , but I think my wife will be using it more for clays than me.

I was just wondering if anyone could recomend one to me ?

I like the sporting carbon fibre , the standard and the camo infinity.

Cheers

I very nearly bought a carbon version before I needed a new bathroom roof 😖 Are you aware that the carbon version doesn't have the feature where you can change the cartridge? Didn't matter to me really, will still be my first choice for a semi when I have the cash.

Iv wanted a maxus for a while, but I'm not sure I could get on with the weight ? There very light even in wood (witch is the one I shot, a grade 2 I think) Iv had a couple of browning silvers over the years and like the build and the speed load of browning autos. Also the stocks are quite short,also there seems to be alot of second hand ones about witch makes me a bit twitchy. but saying all this I STILL WANT ONE !!! Lol

My wife bought a a Grade III Maxus which is great & the timber on the stock & forend is stunning! She gets on really well with it & after a session on the clays with it I went out & purchased a Composite Maxus, can not fault either of them so far. I went for the 28" barrels as this is still a little longer in the barrel than my Beretta, I have to put a butt extension pad on mine due to having leg arms but not a problem, also very easy to strip & clean. Would of gone for the Carbon Fibre but the composite came up at the right price. Like others have said you won't go wrong with any of the Maxus range.

ive got the synthetic stock version does the job ,speed load is good ,ive never used the cartridge select lever in the field but could be handy i suppose,quick release shoulder strap fittings are handy if you walk about with gun , i thourght about a camo version but when i saw one changed my mind look like tat the wood version looks alright but dont really like wood stocks on modern looking guns

overall the gun ticks all the boxes for me