making an incubator

stalker2

i have been pricing incubators on flea-bay and been frightend with the price of 400-500 egg size incubators

are there any eletricians/boffins that could give me any ideas as i am seriously considering making an incubator for quail and partridge

i have no problems with making the cabinet ,just cant work out the electrics needed

thanks in advance and if anyone wants my landline number they can talk me through

Just had a look on Google and on youtube there is a video of how to do it. Hope it helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ1tyfvenqQ

thanks for your effort but that small device will not do for 500 eggs

If you do a search someone made one a while back with a beer fridge as a carcass if I remember correctly.

the cabinet is not a problem and i will be able to manufacture some thing quite proffesional , it is the electric part

It was wy111 that made it, if you search his old posts.

Hope that helps and lete know how you get on.

Cheers

Adrian

thanks Adrian , some good ideas on using an old fridge and i noticed some parts were obtained from solway feeders but i would realy like the help of some electrical genius to work out what turning motor and control panel i need

hello fella. i used to hatch duck eggs i used an old t chest . used a batton lamp holder in the bottom with 100 watt bulb wired up to a dimmer switch .attached a tray 1/2 way up for water and 3/4 way up put a grill in for eggs and for the lid i used a piece of perspex . ps dont forget to put in a thermometer. and control the temp with the dimmer switch. worked a treat for me hope it helps you out good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

how many egss are you thinking of setting is the first question to ask

unless you are setting your own eggs or got a plentifull supply that are really really cheap , then dont even think of risking them in a homemade incubator ,

save your money and buy a brinsea ova - easy 380 incubator ( others may well dissagree ), granted they are expensive but once you get the hang of them they are a fantastic machine , before i sold mine ealier this year , i hatched well over 3000 light sussex x rhode island red eggs , 200 embdem goose eggs , 300 wild american turkey eggs , 2000 quail eggs , 1000 red leg partridge eggs ( i used to hatch and sell locally ) with my machine , you can recoup the cost of the machine in a season

regards

andy

with various tweeks here and there and good breeding stock i was getting 87/89 % hatch rate in mine try getting rates like that in a homemade machine you you will fail big time and with the cost of hatching eggs now that kind of faliure is not an option

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am an electrical engineer - always interested in new projects.

I can provide you with the design, diagrams and components.

Depending on your location i could also build the electrical side of things.

What is needed?

what temperature?

Lighting?

Rotation? ect.

If some one can tell me what the commercial units have im sure i can replicate them very precisly.

Hi

I am an electrical engineer - always interested in new projects.

I can provide you with the design, diagrams and components.

Depending on your location i could also build the electrical side of things.

What is needed?

what temperature

Lighting?

Rotation? ect.

If some one can tell me what the commercial units have im sure i can replicate them very precisly.

Pw at it's best again good offer !!