Is this a good mobile deal??

Ricko

Looks like a good deal.

Anything under a tenner with mobile internet is good.

But, how long is the contract?

I’m always cautious about anything longer than 12 months.

I pay £10 a month sim-only.

But I get more minutes and more internet (not that I use it all).

It’s not a bad little android phone either.

It’s worth checking the charges if you go over the limits.

Don’t forget.

You can always buy a phone for cash and get a sim only deal.

That’s what I do these days – I don’t like being tied into a long contract.

I think it is a nice cheap deal, but it *might* prove expensive at the end. I think that the allowances are way too low, and with moderate use you will reach your limits. It is important to know what happens after you reach your quota. Do you have to pay penalties? If these penalties are not ridiculus, you might still be getting a great deal. Personally I would go for somethig like 300 minutes, 300 texts and at least 500MB of internet's worth a month. Something like that should set you back £20 or so. I realise this is nowhere near £5, but it all depends on how much usage you will end up with per month. And believe me, it is always more than you think...

I have had another look and they are doing a Galaxy Ace 2 300mins, 3000 texts, 1GB for £20, how does that sound?

Brilliant. Go for it without second thought!

I should add though, that I do not have any experience of talk talk as a company. I was with orange (not good at all) and then O2 (better but not perfect). Just for the record.

galaxy ace is ok, as a basic entry level android phone, missus has one but compared to a 'proper' smartphone its very very basic. Personally I use my phone as a mobile PC and would look for as much data as possible, I've just used 650mb in a month without what i'd call heavy net usage - music and audiobooks no video downloads to speak of so 200mb is easy to chew up

Also check the signal in your area,

I took a deal with Talk Mobile (£17.50, 300 mins unlimited text and 500mb data included Galaxy S2)........... got home next to no signal, they use Vodafone network, in fairness they cancelled the contract and offered to put me back on O2 which I know works here.

I went to O2 shop £8.50 a month less than Talk Mobile for the same O2 plan ( £18.50 a month, 200mins plus 250 O2 mins unlimited text But only 100mb data) it seems to be enough so far as most places you can use wi-fi.

If you need to go to 500mb it only cost £3 extra as and when you need it, they also text you when at 80% of your allowance so no big bills.

Even set the phone up for me.

Dave

I have a Galaxy Ace after a disaster with HTC and cannot recommend it enough if your needs are fairly basic . I still think it is amazing to get emails and internet on a phone per se . Bit better than the Galaxy y I read . Push them for one of these as the camera is 5mp . Cant argue with £5 saying that though !

If it is just 200mb then you’ll need to make sure to turn on the wifi when you are at home to load apps or download stuff.

I’m pretty sure there’s also a setting buried somewhere to only allow apps to update when on wifi, not on mobile internet.

That’ll save your MBs.