Sillosocks ??

wildfowler.250

To be honest, I find it's rare that the geese actually try to land in the pattern. But I'm really only trying to get them in range so I don't mind, I only need them to come for a 'closer' look.

I'm the same but when you compare it to the American stuff the difference is crazy. Admittedly they are sometimes using 100+ decoys and the birds totally commit!

force the stick in to place then pull it out again, put on a good blob of araldite or superglue then stick the stick back in. i didnt do that to begin with and it pulled out leaving the stick in the ground which was a nightmare to find in the barley stubble.

Dont expect geese to drop into your spead unless they actually want to be there in that location. also is you layout set out in such a way in relation to wind and landing zone to make it easy? i dont think rags are that convincing close up and you might want to add some shells / full bodies, these sort of deeks fill out a pattern and add a little movement

Thanks kent! At the moment it's 12 sillo's, 6 fuds and 4 shells,(similar to a fud but plastic). I usually just put a main pattern with a couple of pairs or threes feeding to the side of it. Never really sure what landing space the geese need but I'm going to leave a gap in the middle for them. Generally just trying to pull the birds closer though

they need to commit to landing early on before they get ontop of the pattern and land into the wind. V's/ fish hook type layouts etc, yet retaining the natural appearance- depends on ground. obviously dont shoot them on the ground but the idea is a slowing bird is in a predictable flight path that makes for comfortable planned shots more often than rushed ill thought out panic ones.

If geese are leaving the marsh to feed elsewere and you put deeks out on some scrubby land en-route dont expect them to forgo breakfast to drop in and have a social en-route on some street corner