My new girls

Boston

Here are MY two girls ... the hobs have always been my partners so its a little odd having my own to look out for ... but minus a few :yp: & :) I can not really complain.

One of the jills is really shy and a little delicate but the other is very forward and wants to know and do every thing ... but also likes a quick nip every now and then .... but you know, I was shocked to find out that its not that hard .... or wasn't she trying that hard yet :(

Not named as yet, here is the nippy one ... oddly, the one I like the most :good:

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0015.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

Nipping from kits is usually playful, or they are getting bored and tired , not much different from puppies.

It can sometimes be because they are scared, either by being startled, or just intimidated by this massive giant, with the downstretched hand. :)

Its best to try to be on their level, when handling young ferrets.

As they get older they get use to the "giant". ;)

Hi,

I have a very timid on called Echo (the mole) and a fiesty one called Grace and they are both good workers. The shy ones are often good workers in my limited experience providing they are not skulkers. Grace will suffer brain damage soon as she is always running into things like the table at full pelt in pursuit of another ferret. ;)

FM :)

Everybodies ferrets sound lovely and it's nice to know that the shy one would still possibly hunt ... though may be not as good.

My two are nipping every now and then, but trying to get them out twice a day on the floor to play and gently pick them up if they go too far away, with a gentle rub on the head for being good, but if they nip they get a pat on the nose ... so far so good. This is what we did with the boys and today Matt (old man) had his finger in Sundance's mouth to Sundances great disgust.

have to show you one more ... don't I ;)

b.jpg

Everybodies ferrets sound lovely and it's nice to know that the shy one would still possibly hunt ... though may be not as good.

My two are nipping every now and then, but trying to get them out twice a day on the floor to play and gently pick them up if they go too far away, with a gentle rub on the head for being good, but if they nip they get a pat on the nose ... so far so good. This is what we did with the boys and today Matt (old man) had his finger in Sundance's mouth to Sundances great disgust.

have to show you one more ... don't I ;)

b.jpg

She will come out of her timid shell in time. (not the shell ones climbing into now! :) )

FM :o

Nipping from kits is usually playful, or they are getting bored and tired , not much different from puppies.

It can sometimes be because they are scared, either by being startled, or just intimidated by this massive giant, with the downstretched hand. :lol:

Its best to try to be on their level, when handling young ferrets.

As they get older they get use to the "giant". :o

Cheers Cranfield. Ive been handeling mine a lot tonight, had them both out in the garden (with extra security in the form of my bro!) been playing with them getting them used to me picking them up from my feet instaed of outta their cage ;) . Few days of this and hopefully ill get results! Ill let ya know :)

have to show you one more ... don't I :)

b.jpg

She will come out of her timid shell in time. (not the shell ones climbing into now! :o )

FM :lol:

It would be nice to see your ferrets if poss... as for climbing to in things, it nice to see how a few odd boxes, tubs and plastic jar tops can entertain a wee little ferret. We have had loads of fun today watching these little girls ... our boys just looked up from their beds and went bad to sleep. ;)