Moderator for a 223??

baymarine

You guys are living in the stone age! wildcats, ASE's, T8 all massively heavy hunks on metal and are old tech now! ive got a HARDY Gen 4 on my rem 700 .223!! by far the best moderator ive owned ( and ive owned alot!) weighs something rediculous like 300 grams only 8cm in from of the barrel 12cm behind! 40mm in diameter! Built in muzzle break (no other moderator has this!!!) made out of aircraft grade alluminium, one sealed unit! as you dont need to strip and clean it! just a squirt of WD now and again and maybe a bronze brush through it occasionally!

yes the roedale is lighter, as they come to you! but when you've added enough baffles to make it quiet enough its heavier than a HARDY!! and the roedales are on barrel, and they are **** build quality!

10 out of 10 marks for it!!!!

You guys are living in the stone age! wildcats, ASE's, T8 all massively heavy hunks on metal and are old tech now! ive got a HARDY Gen 4 on my rem 700 .223!! by far the best moderator ive owned ( and ive owned alot!) weighs something rediculous like 300 grams only 8cm in from of the barrel 12cm behind! 40mm in diameter! Built in muzzle break (no other moderator has this!!!) made out of aircraft grade alluminium, one sealed unit! as you dont need to strip and clean it! just a squirt of WD now and again and maybe a bronze brush through it occasionally!

yes the roedale is lighter, as they come to you! but when you've added enough baffles to make it quiet enough its heavier than a HARDY!! and the roedales are on barrel, and they are **** build quality!

Don't know this one at all and it's probably excellent, but the A-Tec Maxim weighs only 370 grams, which includes stainless steel baffles to take the initial gases as well as the aluminium ones further down to save weight. Just my 2 cents worth, as they say.

You guys are living in the stone age! wildcats, ASE's, T8 all massively heavy hunks on metal and are old tech now! ive got a HARDY Gen 4 on my rem 700 .223!!

I would be interested to hear the noise reduction along side the others.

The ASE Jet-Z only weighs about 545 grams

Id love for someone to explain to me how a muzzle BRAKE can work within a sealed tube

+1

I would like to know how that can work aswell.

I have an Ace utra Northstar and compared to the others i tried it was quieter and it is stainless so no rust or stripping etc etc.

Guys I have to ask, whats the big thing with over the barrle mods? I work at roedale and we are currently looking at designing one like this just for you lot. I dont get it as testing has shown it makes no difference to suppresion. Look at all the military mods, they are all eond of muzzle jobs, so any argument about thread protection etc is nullified effectivly. As to quality, I beleive anything we produce is of the highest quality. A delta 4 comes in at about 180 grams and supresses a rifle to the level it was designed to, ie it wont damage your hearing, if you want to go further, then add more baffles. And yes you can get stainless ones, probably a good idea as first blast chamber on a large center fire. that said I have just inspected one that belongs to a roedale friend who works for thwe forestry commision , so shoots more than most, and 800 odd rounds later its showing no signs of degredation within the baffles. each to their own.

the gas from the moderator vents out through the muzzle brake! thats how... haha and yes a ASE is 545 grams but on the end of a barrel that is mutiplied and really un balances a rifle! the hardy actually weighs 290 grams just weighed mine!

Id love for someone to explain to me how a muzzle BRAKE can work within a sealed tube

the gas from the moderator vents out through the muzzle brake! thats how... haha

A muzzle brake relies on the blast from the muzzle venting outwards and backwards (hence the fact they aren't popular on ranges) reducing the felt recoil.

The point is, if that blast is contained within a can it can't be working in that way.

Nowt wrong with the build quality of my Roedale!

The suppression I get is absolutely spot on, maybe not the quietest but not far from it and definately not the loudest and at 200g with 6 baffles it's spot on for me.