All ready to go

djgeoff

ok 4x4 all ready to go now, windows tinted, pw/basc stickers in place.... that should bring the pigeon in!

just need to get it dirty now after spending all morning polishing it ( i am sure that will soon stop).

don't really know what to do about the tyres, according to local tyre place it has road tyres on it.

he said i really need A T's they are 50% road 50% off road tyre and i would not get too much road noise as i would with M T'S.

obliviously i will have to changed all five/four at the same time, so would you do?

wait and wear the road ones out or change and flog the ones i have on.( bridgestone dueler ht)

If you are doing much off road, duellers are not the tyre to be doing it with, BFG's are great if you want to pay the extra few quid. General Grabber at's are good also & slightly cheaper. Both are also quiet on the road & will cope with decent mileage.

Nice truck, but I bet you'll soon stop polishing it & just give it a hose down!

name='djgeoff' timestamp='1346525105' post='1890364']

enlighten me BFT'S ?

and general grabber i take it thats the make

sorry for my ignorance

[/b]

BFG's = BFGoodrich Tyres.

General Grabber All terrain

There will be plenty of others to choose from aswell, but those 2 are widely available at most outlets, at least just now, before winter sets in - & you may find prices rise with demand, I know they do around here.

Just stick with road tyres untill you start getting stuck. At's are useless because they don't clean thereselves quick enough and tend to dig in.. MUDs dig in and grip and your free, but make a mess for the farmer.. Road tyres have done me fine for my range rover, been to the **** end of nowhere and back in it.

I may know of a set of bfg going for around £150 if your interested?

We've all got full MUDs on our offroaders (mates got insa turbo's, there quite cheap but look great) but that's only because I'm taking it greenlaning and I can't afford to get stuck all the time!

Edit, best explain here.. Iv got a r/r as a family car, and a proper offroad, bobtailed l200 for splashing in the mud.. Haven't got the heart to sell the rr

Edited by houlsby

Don't bother with bfg tyres can get remould with the same pattern for a lot cheaper, get a mud tyre that isn't an aggressive pattern and you will be fine. It will be no worse on road.

What size tyres are they and are you fitting any slightly bigger?

the size of tyre thats on at the moment is 245/70 r16.

as to fitting bigger , i have no idea.. i don't suppose it would be serious off roading, more over farmers fields and the odd hill or too