BLOODY WIFE'S CAR!!!

Paddy Galore!

AAAARRGGHHH! the only wheel left with the old type fluted security nut and we've lost the bloody bit to fit it, thought i'd done these last year, bought some new ones and fitted them but like a tit i've fitted an old one back on aswell. Does anyone know if a garage has these bits or am i quite possibly going to have to fork out for another set?

just the nut to remove the old one, a hammered on socket wont work because its round with fine fluting, i'm hoping my local garage has something, saw a set on ebay but don't really want to part with 20 sovs just for a socket i'll never use again. worst case i'll pop down to my local pug dealers but they're notorious for being less than helpful.

If the wheel-nut is tight, and round, then hammering on a socket won't necessarily do it. To cut into a round wheel-nut without any flutes to grip on isn't that easy, you might find it just splits your socket, leaving you no better off.

You might be better taking it to a garage where they have a special type of socket that cuts into it and grips it properly, they're designed for people who lose wheel-nuts...