.223 ammunition

jacew

Hi all,

I have a Howa 1500 standard barrell which is a 1 in 12 twist, normally reload my own however dont really want the exspense of it all again

and the time that it takes up..I would rather be out shooting..

The only thing really need to know is im gonna use factory ammo, so which should I go for??? defo gonna be 50 or 55gr but I am unsure if I should

go for something like the sako gamehead SP,approx £23 per 20 or the PPU 55gr SP, approx £50 per 100..

I use the ammo for hunting however I like to get tight groupings just so that I know if I miss it wasnt the bullet.

I understand that ever rifle needs to find its own, however if someones got a howa 1500 thats using factory ammo perfectly then I welcome your

opinions..

Many thanks in advance.

Regards J..

i started with 55 g hornady b/t and grouped pretty well at 100 shot nearly 200 of them in 2 months getting to expensive so got some ppu"s and they clover leaf at 100 no probs just buy 1 box and see if your gun likes them if not big deal your down 12 quid only thing i miss is the b/tip but they still fall over if you can hit them

went to the rfd today got 60, 50gr sako gamehead SP rounds perfect fast and flat hitting..groups within 1 inch.. normally 3/4 inch..

sellior and bellot just as good 55gr SP approx 1.5 inch but still hitting out to 200 mtrs

cheers j