Hand made knife

Yorkhawk67

A local knife maker has offered to make me a knife it's to be hand made for the bare blade it's £90 with a handle £150 was thinking of getting a few made to sell as I'm a leather worker and can make sheaths for them but it all sounds a bit pricey to me so I thought I would post the question

Edited by Yorkhawk67

Have a google search for knife building kits, I watched Ray Mears make a knife shaped to his own hand on his survival program (he was in Norway/Sweden and made it in an evening) and I have always wanted to give it ago....

http://www.woodland-ways.co.uk/buy-online-knife-making-kit-10cm-carbon-steel-blade-289.html

If you look into the hobby, you'll soon get an idea for how much antler/rare wood/knife tangs cost then you'll know how much the knife maker is charging you for the shaping/sharping of the blank and shaping the handle, a good knife is priceless, the opinel no. 7 I use everyday at work was £8.99 and its never let me down holds an edge for ages and get very rough treatment. Saying this the only reason I don't have a beautiful handcrafted Scandinavian hunting knife is I can't afford it.

Bazooka Joe made me a knife - awesome. That man has some talent for making beautiful stuff.

I need a sheeth for it.

Yorkhawk, if you're any good and not a nutter then I'm interested to see what you can do.

I'm afriad I don't know you so I won't be sending the knife or any money up front :D

You can however have as many photos and measurements as you need!

why not offer a service people send you their knives and you taylor a sheath to fit,personal to them?

Good idea. The sheath is often a let-down with mass produced knives. I'm sure a lot of manufacturers, even quality ones, out-source sheath making to the far East and it shows. Many a good knife spoiled by a crud sheath.

I particularly hate the plastic/canvas/velcro efforts. A good strong, plain leather sheath is far superior and it can be used as a strop.

Bazooka Joe made me a knife - awesome. That man has some talent for making beautiful stuff.

I need a sheeth for it.

Yorkhawk, if you're any good and not a nutter then I'm interested to see what you can do.

I'm afriad I don't know you so I won't be sending the knife or any money up front :D

no good without a pic or 2 please.

I need a sheeth for it.

Lol that's fine I will pm u my details and if u send pics etc to me I will see what I can come up with.