Running out of cartridges!

cumbrian top shot

Hi All, got to the stubble field this morning around half 10 started shooting just after 11 come half 4 packed up ran out of cartridges what a mistake not taking any spare in the motor because you just never know on the day whats going to happen, anyway ended up with 6 crows 9 ferals and 87 woodies was easy on for 100+ today but never mind was well happy what was shot, has anybody else ran out of cartridges?

Yes mate twice once on wheat stubble was on 187 woodies And then again on some drilling was on a 169 was pretty angry with myself from then on I always carry far to many on me and always more in the motor as well ain't letting that happen again

From now on mate always going to carry more in the motor I usually have them in the motor but today just thought it would be just a quiet day with not seeing big numbers how wrong was I. There's always tomorrow.

Hi All, got to the stubble field this morning around half 10 started shooting just after 11 come half 4 packed up ran out of cartridges what a mistake not taking any spare in the motor because you just never know on the day whats going to happen, anyway ended up with 6 crows 9 ferals and 87 woodies was easy on for 100+ today but never mind was well happy what was shot, has anybody else ran out of cartridges?

Dare one ask how many carts you brought ??

I have run out of cartridges on a couple of occasions - both times whilst on the way to 200+. Luckily i was able to source more carts fairly quickly, and finish off the day ok.

Yesterday i shot 138 on barley stubble. I saw about 1000 pigeons feeding there the day before, so, optimistically, i had over 600 shells with me.

You never know how a day can pan out, and sod's law says the day you think will be quiet turns out to be red hot!

usually 100'ish in the rucksack and a slab in the Disco for me, 'once bitten twice shy' as they say :whistling:

Some will say more I'm sure, but if I shoot that many cartridges I'm happy to call it a day.

Cos