Hevi-shot, why?!

tomaddy525

But I've had some amazing shots with hevishot , it's true you spend all the money on good gear, jackets , gun , waders so why compromise on cartridge price , how many times have you sht geese with steel an heard te pellets smack Into them for the geese to the think *** was that, when you have the best cartridges you can e sure if there in range their not going anywhere but on the table

But I've had some amazing shots with hevishot , it's true you spend all the money on good gear, jackets , gun , waders so why compromise on cartridge price , how many times have you sht geese with steel an heard te pellets smack Into them for the geese to the think *** was that, when you have the best cartridges you can e sure if there in range their not going anywhere but on the table

If their in range of any cartridge their on the table,its all about getting the range right. Oh and then being on target. Amazing shots could also be called lucky if it took several misses before pulling off the amazing shot.

If your hearing pellets strike but the bird does'nt drop it was either too far for the cartridge or you were off target and hit the flight feathers and nothing vital.

I LOAD MY OWN HEVI FOR MY 10 BORE 2 0Z LOAD GOD KNOW WHAT RANGE IT WILL KILL AT .BIRDS SHOT AT 50 YARDS LOOK LIKE THEY ARE FLYING INTO A BRICK WALL THEY JUST STOP .AFTER GETTING UP AT 2AM DRIVING 70 MILES I WANT THE BEST .YOU SOMETIMES ONLY GET ONE SHOT .GIVE ME HEVI EVERY TIME

Went I hit geese I hit em hard , when I hear the pellets thumping into Some of them it's like shooting a pillow case but they still keep going with Steel sometimes , and yeah ivejad some amazon shots not lucky so , 3 greys for 3 shots at 60 yards is luck??? I don't think so you forget you can push 3 1/2 inch out to 10 bore range with a 12 bore , and I pattern test my loads also , don't mid steel for ducks but for geese like greys and Canada's it's only

Tungsten or hevishot for me

When you shoot

Geese with Steel they can carry on 100-300 or so and drop stone

Dead out the sky, where as tungsten and heavy

They drop on the spot like hitting a

Wall

In mid air , I was out other day and guy shot 2 geese hard with steel and they went down about 400 yards from we're he shot them, he turned round and they dropped out skein lucky enough my dog

Marked them and I picked both and got a goose for

By even firing a shot:)

Went I hit geese I hit em hard , when I hear the pellets thumping into Some of them it's like shooting a pillow case but they still keep going with Steel sometimes , and yeah ivejad some amazon shots not lucky so , 3 greys for 3 shots at 60 yards is luck??? I don't think so you forget you can push 3 1/2 inch out to 10 bore range with a 12 bore , and I pattern test my loads also , don't mid steel for ducks but for geese like greys and Canada's it's only

Tungsten or hevishot for me

I'd say if your hearing the pellets hitting feather it's the tail end

I have shot landing Mallard coming into Canada goose decoys at 40 yards on a stubble field while crouched in a ditch..........on inspecting the decoys the shot has gone through one side, out the other and taken down the duck aswell while the decoy has remained upright. It carries a lot of energy!

James i'm not having a pop at you pal, just stating that in general if a bird is in range for any shot and its on target then it will in most instances be dead in the air, your clearly happy with hevi shot and have confidence in it, but to claim that geese simply carry on with steel is a bit general, i've shot 2 canadas and a grey this season all dead in the air, one was about 40yrds the other more.

With my aftermarket choke I have every confidence that my 3.5" steel will kill to 60yrds if i'm on target. I've never used hevi shoy but its clearly very good but so is steel if used correctly,surely the same applies to hevi shot.

Posted Yesterday, 04:59 PM

steve w, on 26 September 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

I LOAD MY OWN HEVI FOR MY 10 BORE 2 0Z LOAD GOD KNOW WHAT RANGE IT WILL KILL AT .BIRDS SHOT AT 50 YARDS LOOK LIKE THEY ARE FLYING INTO A BRICK WALL THEY JUST STOP .AFTER GETTING UP AT 2AM DRIVING 70 MILES I WANT THE BEST .YOU SOMETIMES ONLY GET ONE SHOT .GIVE ME HEVI EVERY TIME

How much Is that a pop? I got the heavy shot at cost $ 104 A 7 LB bag from a mate in the usa he sent it to my work . £ 20 for a tub of powder cannot remember how much the multi metal wads were milar wraps cost pennys and the ten bore cases are second hand saved by myself .so cost is about £1 to £ 1.50 a pop i think .

Posted Yesterday, 04:59 PM

steve w, on 26 September 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

How much Is that a pop? I got the heavy shot at cost $ 104 A 7 LB bag from a mate in the usa he sent it to my work . £ 20 for a tub of powder cannot remember how much the multi metal wads were milar wraps cost pennys and the ten bore cases are second hand saved by myself .so cost is about £1 to £ 1.50 a pop i think .