to teague or not to teague

mr williamson

Extended Teague's look superb which is a good enough reason to buy alone lol

To be honest if your new or not very good they prob wont make any shooting difference so spend the money on a lesson, but if your ok then the looks and psychological thought of better chokes plus the better chokes will all go towards a slightly better shot

J

Extended chokes. Easy to remove when out. Give some protection to the end of the barrels and most importantly for me are that little extra chink of confidence.

NickyT on here distributes the superb muller chokes. If your looking for extended chokes then it's worth having a look at these. I am sold on them having used them over the summer.

What gun is it? Browning/Miroku/Beretta have had a few years practise and I think their own chokes are pretty good........I have 2x teague 3/8th & 5/8ths for Browning ......but usually stick with Invector 1/4 & teague 3/8ths. Teagues have a deserved reputation,but don't expect pretty new chokes to dramatically change anything 'cos they won't.Only go for extended chokes if you like wearing high heels at weekends.....awful looking things but you can get pretty colour ones to match your shoes......!!

its a lanber sporter, im a pretty good shot or i like to think so lol. my average score at my local ground is 27/30 but its only a small shoot. i mainly shoot over decoys, shooting crows a few weeks back and shot 51 without a miss. i just want to get the best out of my gun. having a lesson with brian clegg as i feel iv taken myself as far as i can so looking for forward to that.

cheers for replies

I found that putting Teagues in my Browning didn't make any significant difference to my clay scores, both very similar on the pattern plate. I only bought them because the sharp notches in the extended Browning chokes had ripped the lining of the nose of 3 gunslips to shreds! Now I am saving more in gunslips than the chokes cost me! :lol:

51 without a miss!!! Do you give lessons?

ha ha no no not good enough lol. im a good shot on li e quarry but seem to fall to bits on clays when im in for a good score. think its the mental side of it tgat im struggling with. plus im decoying every spare day i have. love it, its realy good shooting.

carl

51 without a miss!!! Do you give lessons?

ha ha no no not good enough lol. im a good shot on live quarry but seem to fall to bits on clays when im in for a good score. think its the mental side of it tgat im struggling with. plus im decoying every spare day i have. love it, its realy good shooting.

carl

Good call. Won't give you anything the current ones don't

Spot on, chokes don't magic up better scores depending on manufacturer. I'd buy you all the beer you can drink in a week if anyone could tell a Teague pattern from another, tight is tight, open is open, they don't leave crime clues.