So much for that relationship.

Dr_Scholl

I tolerate my dad but only just. When my mum fell ill with kidney failure he chose not to visit her in hospital. They had been Wed 55 years. Finally my mum was transfered to the renal ward in Leicester where she finally passed away holding my hand after a four week battle in there. I did the 140 mile round trip every day to be there. My dad didn't join me once even though I offered every day. The hospital called me at 2am on the day she went to sleep and said get here as soon as you can as she don't have long to go...did he come ??? Well you know that answer. I do help my dad with things, he had a stroke on Easter Sunday this year, but it takes me all my time to not remind him how selfish he was and still is and think why do I bother with him at all.

Ever thought he simply couldnt face up to her being ill ? Loads can't especially us blokes........

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen that many times in my line of work

the wife becomes ill and the husband can't cope and thier way of holding it together is not to deal with it.

Carry on as normal

Sweepy has already told me if ever anything happens to me he wouldn't want to be thier at the end and I understand his reasons why and it's fine by me.As long as I have someone else their it don't matter who I confess my sins to so his off the hook :0)

xxxSuzy