New Knee Joint How long?

webber

Mid December last year saw Gunner Gorgon fitted with a new knee joint. I won't bore you with detail, but as you would expect GG was involved, so the job wasn't straight forward.

GG is currently on my settee in some pain. He's put up with it for some while now, but is now considering asking his GP to send him for a second opinion.

What does PW think?

Should GG tough it out? if so for how long?

or, should he seek a second opinion?

webber

My mate had one fitted 3 years ago after arguing for almost 2 years about why he wanted one. He's a farmer and could barely stand on his original knee after a bad road accident. Eventually NHS gave in and fitted him a new one. Had nothing but trouble with it constantly collapsing and causing severe pains. Went back last year for a replacement one and almost immediately knew something wasn't right. He still struggles to walk more than 50 yards without stopping and looking like he is close to tears with pain. The consultants have agreed again something still isn't right and he goes in again for a third time in December for a 'spacer' putting in this one he has.

If 'GG' has severe pain with it Webber, get him to get it looked at and hound them for a result. Toughing it out isn't always the best route where your health is concerned.

My father in law had one done over three years ago,he has been in constant pain ever since,his surgeon has finally agreed to take him back in to have a look to see if there is anything they can do to improve his quality of life,sorry to be negative but its not always successful,hope it works for you.

Edited by gemini52