100 bird + fully driven (yorkshire)

This is my shoot I have run/keepered on for the last 8 years. Its dead mans boots.

I usually run the line but 1 day a year in oct I have my own day (I love shooting partridges)

As a favour for lee and because we have a very large number of last years partridges left I have offered him a day.

You can see a good volume of birds and plenty of pheasants are left on these early days which fly well later on.

This day last year was still and very bright, not great for driving birds.

With a wind they are better again.

Anyway we shot 9 guns and had 146 head mainly partridge with some duck and pheasant.

Enjoy the vid and the wife barracking me. LOL

Its at Leven, e.yorks.

and go on you tube and type in supportive wife

it should come up then.

we start next saturday should be a good days shooting.

I'll post the bag, aimed at around 100 head, would easily double that but i hope the guns will be selective as its early days.

So smart dress please, shirt and tie.

Fibre wads only and have some non-toxic for the ducks, also a couple of biggies incase the geese show.

You will also need £10 for breakfast and sweep and £20 minimum tip for the keeper.

We will say minimum of 400 shots or 100 head. (expect to do that easy).

Well after a misty start the fog burnt off leaving very bright windless conditions. Not ideal for driving partridge's, however the date was set and so were we.

The game crops were very wet and this added to first time flyers never helped things.

The guns however were impecable and never shot anything to low or any young pheasants.

Sue captured what footage she could.

This is the edit of some of the drives.

dog walkers and foxes spoilt play a little also hopefully both will get dealt with.

Can't wait for next week its my let day and the birds have been flown now, heres hoping for a moderate breeze and overcast skies.... e30831.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...