getting a permission

Kb1065

despite living in rural place i cant find a permission anywere i tried umpteen farms estates golf courses knocked on doors got cards made up advertised in country stores gained my sgc got ferrets but still no permission i honestly thought the people who said no to shooting might be ok with a bit of ferreting but dont seem that way i think my only option may be to tag along with someone else

Your best be is to concentrate on smaller farms and forget estates and golf courses for the time being. Have a look around and locate an area that has an obvious rabbit problem, if you can find the local name for the field then all the better. Find the farmer who owns the land and approach him (or her) and say 'Sorry to bother you but I couldn't help noticing that you have a rabbit problem in such-a-such field'. have a little chat and then offer you services. Even if they have regular guns shooting the land they may allow an air rifle shooter especially if the rabbits are near buildings, footpaths or roads, as they are much less problematic than powder burners.

It won't matter if you've asked them before, just point out that you met them a few months ago but noticed more rabbits since then. You'll get there in the end, just keep going, be polite and play to your strengths (ie, air rifles are better in and around buildings and are much less likely to cause problems for the farmer).

I shoot 6000 acres of which 3000 is my permission. I started on one farm with the air rifle and the word soon spread so then I just kept asking the next farm along over the past 16 years I've ended up with an entire village . Don't give up ......

Buy an os map and farms suddenly appear that you never knew existed

i use google earth to search all around my area must of knocked on nearly every door i been trying for over 2 yrs had one perm but it was a local dumping ground very dangerous to walk around as it was very overgrown with ditches everywere i wont be dishearted il just keep trying

• 4 months later...

despite living in rural place i cant find a permission anywere i tried umpteen farms estates golf courses knocked on doors got cards made up advertised in country stores gained my sgc got ferrets but still no permission i honestly thought the people who said no to shooting might be ok with a bit of ferreting but dont seem that way i think my only option may be to tag along with someone else

Try asking if they have a Rat infestation?i got a permission on a dairy farm based on that approach,now I have all the land 200 super duper acres! good Luck mate.

ATB

Mal

Hi.

Definitely point out it's a nice quiet air rifle, on one farm I shoot he has problems with nieghbours when blokes roam around popping pigeons wi shotguns but when us two come wi air he has no problems. On my other it's in the village an I do ferals an rats in a barn right next to road no one knows I'm even there!

Good luck;)

try getting some cards printed and try houses with large gardens or paddock i just kept driving round looking for fields with rabbits in or look for fields with rabbit fencing and knock

on the nearest house and ask if they own it and see what they say i has four more shoots now and the only one that shoots on them happy day

hi i got most of my permission through ratting its slow at first .offer to trap or shoot with air rifle. its a start best places pig farms, horse yards, nobody likes rats show your willing and safe youll get some then progress ,rabbits, they leave dangerus holes for horses to step in. bigger guns will come.i started with an allotment now got 5 farms 2 horse yards .to shoot i takes time . good look