30 gram 20 bore

Guest cookoff013

You need Vectan A0 to get a 30gram load in 20gauge, A1 would be too fast and the pressures too high.

Then you need to find a verified recipe.

Personally I would stick to 28grams with A1 or A0, or get a 12 gauge.

+1 with the A0.

gualandi sugests that may be a 3" load. but thats assuming plaswads.

Hi lads was hopeing some body could help me out . i want to reload 20 bore cases with vectan a1 powder and obturator discs fiber and 30 grams of shot num 6 .how much powder would i need to make a safe load and what size fiber wads thanks for looking snow white

How come you want a heavy 20 bore load like that? I used to use heavy loads when I was first shooting but learnt over the years that quite often more lead didn't mean a good pattern and it's the pattern which kills the target. My 24 gram 20 bore carts kill pigeons just as well as my 32 gram 12 bore loads. Just curious really.

I'm with Skid on this one. Heavy loads through a small gauge, especially at high velocity, tend not to pattern that well. Think about it - a 32 g load is almost 50% heavier than the the one the 20 gauge was designed to shoot. Unless you've got a gun that's stupidly heavy for a 20 (which is pointless) it'll also give you a good sound kicking.