Nature's Bounty

tiercel

After the long dry spell has anyone else had the flush of field mushrooms that we have had in the last few days.Took the dogs out this morning and could have picked a sack full if i had wanted, have not seen so many mushrooms for years. Are other parts of the country having the same results. Let us know.

Haven't seen a single one yet. Usually I do alright as we are surrounded by horses, but the ground is still like iron. Had a bumper harvest of black-berries though, and stacks of sloe. A couple of good frosts and I'll be making the sloe vodka. Still shed loads of crab apples on the trees, and plenty of muntjac eating the windfalls.

TC:

Try the following: Place some 1/4 inch wire mesh up on some blocks in an area that is not in direct sunlight nor will it get wet if it rains, but has ample breeze to circulate. With the wire raised on the blocks the air can circulate under the nuts eliminating the mold. Spread the nuts out on the wire so that they are not touching this also will help to keep them from going moldy. Be sure that you remove the nuts from the spiney husks as these retain extra moisture as well. Good luck