Lamba or Bettinsoli 12Bore new

dazzyboi

Went to my gun dealers today and picked out 2 guns of which i am going to put a deposit on one of them next week, i have £550 max to spend on a shotgun being used for all round clays game and rough shooting, so need a gun which is solid. They both fit me perfect. both are new.

The lamba field multichoke is new, its a 12bore o/u mutlichoke autoejector, i like this gun, it fits well, not too bulky, good stock, rim etc.

He then proceeded to bring out a brand new Bettinsoli diamondline which he had in the back, again, very nice gun, for the price, slightly heavier than the lamber, fits me pretty much the same. Both very nice guns..

The lamber RRP £600 was on a special at £495, and the Bettinsoli was £530.

I asked him which out of the 2 would be best for me concidering the price and he said the bettinsoli because they have never had any complaints about them.

What do you recon??

the 550 max is an absolute maximum price for a gun.

I can't speak from experience because I'm in the same boat as you, but I can tell you what decided from hours of reading about both. The Bettinsoli is a very pretty gun, which seems to be an up and coming make without any major complaints. The Lanber however, has a very good reputation for reliability. The material quality is second to none for the price. It is easy to fix if it does break, and has a very well recognised importer with a long reputation for looking after its customers. If I get my certificate, I'm having a Lanber as long as it fits!

I can't speak from experience because I'm in the same boat as you, but I can tell you what decided from hours of reading about both. The Bettinsoli is a very pretty gun, which seems to be an up and coming make without any major complaints. The Lanber however, has a very good reputation for reliability. The material quality is second to none for the price. It is easy to fix if it does break, and has a very well recognised importer with a long reputation for looking after its customers. If I get my certificate, I'm having a Lanber as long as it fits!

Exactly what i wanted to hear, to think i was going for the browning medalist a few weeks back, these 2 guns are both very good for the price..

Im putting my deposit down next weekend (payday) gotta wait for my licence back though to take it home :angry:

If you havnt had a hold of both the bettensoli or the lanber then go, they are both nice guns and it will certainly be between the 2 of these.

http://www.clay-shooting.com/guntests/bett...amond%20line%22

(Im not sure if its the Diamondline dulux i was looking at, but this gives u a rough idea)

There's another link that you may not have seen on that site. It's http://www.clay-shooting.com/features_/index.html and if you then click on Gun tests on the left side of the page you will get a list of tests. If you read down the list, somewhere there is a comparison test between the Bettinsoli and the Lanber. I found it very interesting :angry:

There's another link that you may not have seen on that site. It's http://www.clay-shooting.com/features_/index.html and if you then click on Gun tests on the left side of the page you will get a list of tests. If you read down the list, somewhere there is a comparison test between the Bettinsoli and the Lanber. I found it very interesting :angry:

Brilliant, cheers mate :no:

Oops, did I ruin a decision you'd almost made?! It's a hard choice, but it was the build quality and service backup that pointed me nearer the Lanber. Both very good guns. Before I found the lanber, I was looking at a Browning waterfowl (3.5"magnum chambers!) or a Baikal. Once I'd spotted the Lanber, they went out the window! The Lanber I looked at will also manage 3" magnums, but the Bettinsoli I looked at only had 2 3/4" Chambers. I may have to shoot the odd fox or goose, so wanted the extra power of the Lanber.

Oops, did I ruin a decision you'd almost made?! It's a hard choice, but it was the build quality and service backup that pointed me nearer the Lanber. Both very good guns. Before I found the lanber, I was looking at a Browning waterfowl (3.5"magnum chambers!) or a Baikal. Once I'd spotted the Lanber, they went out the window! The Lanber I looked at will also manage 3" magnums, but the Bettinsoli I looked at only had 2 3/4" Chambers. I may have to shoot the odd fox or goose, so wanted the extra power of the Lanber.

I dont know what to do!!

Im this close to getting a tempoary overdraft and going down there again now and putting a deposit down..

To be honest, if you are unsure, maybe you should leave it for a week or two. I think you are quite like me from what you are saying, except I don't have a certificate yet. If I did, I'd have bought the wrong gun by now because I'm not patient enough to think it through! I know how you're feeling now, wanting to get a new toy! Hang back for a bit and think about it lots, it's a lot of money to spend on something you're not 100% sure of, and it's not fun wishing you'd got the other one once it's done! :angry:

To be honest, if you are unsure, maybe you should leave it for a week or two. I think you are quite like me from what you are saying, except I don't have a certificate yet. If I did, I'd have bought the wrong gun by now because I'm not patient enough to think it through! I know how you're feeling now, wanting to get a new toy! Hang back for a bit and think about it lots, it's a lot of money to spend on something you're not 100% sure of, and it's not fun wishing you'd got the other one once it's done! :no:

Iv made my mind up, going up the gun shop now :angry:

Let us know which one you get, and what you think of it when you've had a few shots with it. Good luck choosing!

I went for the Bettinsoli Diamondline Sport :angry: Its a little heavier but has much nicer features, feels the same (apart from the little extra weight) looks nicer, comes in all the proper case with extra chokes etc.

Its becoming more popular apparently and has the same warrenty as the lanbar.

Is the Betty proofed for steel shot at 1370 Bar as the Lanber is with it's 3"chamber, or is proofed to 1200 Bar or less?I don't know what size chamber the Betty has.

My Lanber has been used for everything from skeet to geese, lead and steel shot, is three years old and still as tight as a duck's harris. Fits and points very well. One of the few guns that was right straight from the box and will not be changing it ever.

Cheers, just my tuppence worth.

Is the Betty proofed for steel shot at 1370 Bar as the Lanber is with it's 3"chamber, or is proofed to 1200 Bar or less?I don't know what size chamber the Betty has.

My Lanber has been used for everything from skeet to geese, lead and steel shot, is three years old and still as tight as a duck's harris. Fits and points very well. One of the few guns that was right straight from the box and will not be changing it ever.

Cheers, just my tuppence worth.

I know the Betty has defenatly got 3" chambers but im not sure on the steel shot part..But iv heard people saying that have used it fine as an all round pigeon, clays, game and wildfowl gun, which is what i was looking for..Mainly for rough and game though

Wasn't there a problem with the Betty double discharging on the first batch of the new range. Seem to remember reading somewhere that a load were recalled for modifications to the trip/recoil block.

I'll try and find it again and post. Anybody owned one that had to go back??

Those were recalled due to health and safety, but iv been informed the modifications have been made and they have come back and are faultless.

Hmmm..........H&S. Do a search under the bett. I've pulled the following from a post

hi paulp, i had exactly the same problem with my bettinsoli diamond, first it stopped firing the bottom barrel after the top then it started letting them both off. it is worn sears on mine which could be repaired (laser welding or a new sear block) but i just lost faith in it, i cant shoot with a gun i dont trust. i went out and bought a browniing and i dont have a single bad thing to say about it.

saying that though, if your gun is under warranty then any new parts to repair it should be cost-free so its worth trying to repair it.

Iv also done a search, and iv found that all the results that came back, it was 50/50, The problems with the mis-firing, or double fireing are from previous recalled models which have now been resolved. 5 Year warrenty on the gun which means anything wrong wont cost anything.

Iv seen alot of posts from people saying that they have had the Betty for x years and it is a very good gun for the price.

Not wishing to sound like a scratched record, but take your £500 and find a second hand multichoke Beretta.

Too late now, although there are all these allogations of them being ****, yet quite a few people still own them, just my personal preference over the lanber, if anything does go wrong with it "If" i can always take it back as it will have warrenty, sell up and get a different one.

The only problem with suggesting either buying a Browning,Miroku,Beretta etc. is that if the o/p is quite new to shotguns it can be difficult to sort the well used from the abused at the £500 price point. Of the cheaper new guns my money would be on the lanbers proven track record. :angry:

regards

Steve

Reading an article in the Shooting mag put me RIGHT off the Browning medalist as they report a problem of them shooting loose with heavy use (clay shooting) :no:

Out of the Lanber and Bettinsoli you won't be dissapointed with either to be honest BUT out of the 2 i would go Lanber personally as i have a friend who had trouble with a Bettinsoli also (granted it got sorted out) but it took near 4 weeks and also when i put the lanber and bettinsoli next to each other i found more refinement in the Lanber :/

Just my choice though :angry:

LG

Not wishing to sound like a scratched record, but take your £500 and find a second hand multichoke Beretta.

Id have to agree with that, or a Browning, or indeed a Winchester.

Its all personal taste though :angry:

The only problem with that is, for that budget i might have a Browning or a beretta or even a winchester but at that price it will be at the lower end in quality.