Lost licence

bullet1747

Phoned the police today they said to ring if I hadn't received my Fac back last week , any way they inform me its possible it was lost in the post why can't they register post like we do , wot happens if some scum gets old of it I know it's my pic on it but that doesn't mean jack now a days

Never thought of that ,mind you I'm moving soon so I'll need to have address changed ,I'll see if I can pick it up next time

i offered to pick mine up rather than them send it second class post but they cant accept visitors i was told.

Cant see why not, can you remember your licence number ? , i always have a photocopy just in case i lose mine, as long as you have your permission paperwork with you all it takes from the police is a pnc check and you will come back as a holder, maybe ring them to make sure

When I ever go out I take the licence ,am I allowed to go shooting while they get it sorted

Yes. There is a legal requirement for you to be in lawful possession of a certificate. That means that you need to have one legally, it doesn't mean that it needs to be in your physical possession.

same as you i should think fella, south yorkshire, they told me they dont accept visitors but i know ive visited when it was at snig hill a few times back in the nineties

Ye I thort you was I have been recently I picked it up off Mary she's ginger :/

Phoned the police today they said to ring if I hadn't received my Fac back last week , any way they inform me its possible it was lost in the post why can't they register post like we do , wot happens if some scum gets old of it I know it's my pic on it but that doesn't mean jack now a days

And address which is more worrying.....

Yes you can still shoot. Technically a police officer can seize your guns if your stopped and can't produce your certificate, but that's not likely to happen.

I do find it funny how if any of use lose a certificate the police won't be happy (due to the possibility of a criminal changing the photo and using it to buy guns), yet they consider it acceptable for them to send it by standard post...

Yes you can still shoot. Technically a police officer can seize your guns if your stopped and can't produce your certificate, but that's not likely to happen.

I do find it funny how if any of use lose a certificate the police won't be happy (due to the possibility of a criminal changing the photo and using it to buy guns), yet they consider it acceptable for them to send it by standard post...

I would certainly be sending them a letter to that effect, asking for an explanation.

same thing happned to me.my fac was posted out on 19 august while i was working away.when i got home beginning of september i rang them to chase it up .

only to be told its been posted ,and was told if it didnt arrive within a week to call and they would post a duplicate cert out .well the original never arrived.but the copy did.i wonder if the original was ever posted :no: .

Phoned yesterday again they said it was posted Friday gone,so I told them I moved Saturday they wasn't impressed I did tel you two weeks ago i said but you told me I had to move first , o the joys

did you not have post redirected? Pop round and ask for any posts tingly sent there

Phoned yesterday again they said it was posted Friday gone,so I told them I moved Saturday they wasn't impressed I did tel you two weeks ago i said but you told me I had to move first , o the joys

Ha ha bet your flavour of the month in that office ;) he he