someone to take me ferreting in exchange i take you shooting

Nice offer but I think your terms are a little steep.

If you want to gain some experience from a ferreter then that individual is likely to have their own permissions.

To that end I'm guessing your cutting your odds of getting anyone decent or with a reasonable amount of knowledge.

Good luck.

I have Ferreting, and land to shoot.

But you have cut me out of the equation, and I live so close to you.

But hey ho never mind.

Terry

The reason i put this was to give people with no land a fair chance!!!!!

not all ferreters have land and only want to give it a bash as looks fun me and my dog would enjoy it

it would take place between harlow and bishops stortford!

if i have no luck then i will just look for some free ferrets and give it a bash my self

Nice offer but I think your terms are a little steep.

If you want to gain some experience from a ferreter then that individual is likely to have their own permissions.

To that end I'm guessing your cutting your odds of getting anyone decent or with a reasonable amount of knowledge.

Good luck.

im not worried about learning anything from it just want a day out,

the ferreter may be low on rabbits , only ever used a shotgun and want a bash on a rifle

as liong as some rabbits come running out the holes and i get the chance to shoot any runners or my dog get some then im happy

if you dont have any experience with ferrets and ferret husbandry,you should atleast read up alot about them first mate,ferret welfare and all that.......DAZ

im pretty sure i can look after a ferret, i can build a hutch and clean, change water and feed oh and give it excercise i own a dog and guinea pigs and a child no issues so far

merry :santa:

i never work dogs with ferrets and shoot at same time asks for trouble in my opinion

im pretty sure i can look after a ferret, i can build a hutch and clean, change water and feed oh and give it excercise i own a dog and guinea pigs and a child no issues so far

merry :santa:

i think a ferret is a little different to a guinea pig mate,but as you obviously know about ferrets,good luck then...

+1

http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_nf=3&pq=best%20ferreting&cp=7&gs_id=u&xhr=t&q=ferreting&pf=p&safe=off&sclient=psy-ab&oq=ferreti&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=3320033cfdaf4959&bpcl=38625945&biw=1366&bih=673

i dont want help or advise or i would have asked that, as you probaly didnt read my thread to realise this i want some one with the gear.....

and if i was to go ferreting and get my own ferrets id get what ever ones i can get for free and i wouldnt buy tracking gear either if it runs away or gets lost so be it not as tho thats never happend to people before

as to nets i will use tesco carrier bags :hmm:

Just a thought ?? Have your dogs worked with ferrets before ??

I have 12 ferrets and would not dream about working them with a strangers dog ? Check my old post from a few weeks ago I rescued a young hob pole that had been left !!!!!!

You then said that if you couldnt find anyone you would get some free ferrets and go yourself,but your last statement says it all

why all the sarcasm and attacks - the bloke made an offer of use on his land - take it for what it is - if you are not interest leave it. This site used to be fun to read - now it just sounds like whinge after moan!

i was actually willing to offer help and advice to the guy,but as he said he doesnt want it,.........................

Just a thought ?? Have your dogs worked with ferrets before ??

I have 12 ferrets and would not dream about working them with a strangers dog ? Check my old post from a few weeks ago I rescued a young hob pole that had been left !!!!!!

same as me taking a stranger on my land how do i know he isnt going to try go poaching on there or shoot me ??? how do i know your ferrets wont setup on my dog or on the horses

stop wasting my time, i put an add up to help out a fellow shooter i know how hard land is to come across and i have made a very fair swap not many people can say they have got to use a rifle and night vision shots some rabbits and foxes or even pigeons if thats what theyed rather..

and yes if i dont get a decent offer i will build a hutch in my workshop and get some free ferrets and i will give it a bash not as tho if the ferret escapes it cant survive

thanks much apreciated, hope you feel good with your selfs wasteing space on here when someone could have taken up a great oportuntity well done lads great going :good: :good:

to any one that had thought about this oportuntity thank the above guys for spoiling it as offer withdrawn ill just look for some free ferrets and keep the shooting to my self :good:

to rabbiter and mad1 perhaps in the future dont bother responding to something that doesnt ask for advise or so be it

just scrolled across this wasnt going to comment till id seen your comments theosmith please tell me you were joking if a ferret gets akill or runs off it will not last long at all. i had on over xmas that got a kill i set traps and left food i managed to get it back in the end but it was under weight and i would not like to say how much longer it had. ferrets arnt to bad to look after but you need to look after them handel them ever day or the will start nipping must be feed the right food and plenty of running space jills need to be jabbed or mated with when they come in to season or they get infections. please read in to ferrets and how to look after them proply. if you cant be bothered to get collers and are new to ferreting dont bother as you will only end up lossing the ferret am not having a go just words for thort