First pheasant shoot

BangBangNik

Well I have just got back from my first proper rough shoot in about 14 years. I haven't had a proper do at pheasants since I was 14..........and what a day.

Me, pg123 and two pals booked ourselfs on a driven/rough shoot day up near Lancaster. We all shoot mainly clays and a little vermin control on the odd farm so it was a real treat to get some good sporting shots in today, and to watch the beaters working well with their dogs.

The shot to kill ratio was absolutely appalling but we all had an absolutely ace day and that is what counts.. We all missed some real sitters but also all got some really good shots. The day was made all the more better by the shoot organiser and the beating team who didn't fail in putting us in some great positions and putting up a hell of a lot of birds for us.

All in all I am very chuffed with the outcome and well done to pg123 for bagging a snipe. I'm hoping we can make this a yearly treat for ourselfs.

Couple of handy tips there, thanks guys.

It wasn't the same day mark, originally we were going to go for a driven day but that didn't come off so pg123 sorted out this park rough part driven day. In my opinion it was probably better than a full driven day.

Already thinking of an end I season shoot.