my gold munty

camokid

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to sound strange here but I do not get this. Personally I only hunt for food. Why the obsession with killing things for medals? And then moaning about the "quality" of the bauble? Each to his own and all that. But really?.

I'm sure he ate it. And why not? If its big enough you might as well get it scored. The CIC medal does look far better.

Don't want to sound strange here but I do not get this. Personally I only hunt for food. Why the obsession with killing things for medals? And then moaning about the "quality" of the bauble? Each to his own and all that. But really?.

(obsession in medals ) for a start i eat the whole deer all thats left is bones!! i have posted many a pictures on how i strip deer, tan the hides, butcher the meat, i spend hours boiling all sorts of heads the skulls get bleached and used! i use the leg for walking sticks and yes if the head is a good size i will get it scored that deer will take pride of place on my wall for the rest of my days.if its a smaller deer i sell the heads! to me im using the deer to the fullest not like some folk! its not trophy hunting its my type of a happy meal with a toy he did not die just so i can get my hands on his antlers he died to keep me and my family in fresh meat for free the head is the bonus..

Obviously you dont know Andy!

Andy is a good guy and certainly a credit to this site!

(obsession in medals ) for a start i eat the whole deer all thats left is bones!! i have posted many a pictures on how i strip deer, tan the hides, butcher the meat, i spend hours boiling all sorts of heads the skulls get bleached and used! i use the leg for walking sticks and yes if the head is a good size i will get it scored that deer will take pride of place on my wall for the rest of my days.if its a smaller deer i sell the heads! to me im using the deer to the fullest not like some folk! its not trophy hunting its my type of a happy meal with a toy he did not die just so i can get my hands on his antlers he died to keep me and my family in fresh meat for free the head is the bonus..

Fantastic reply and well done on a cracking medal head, i have always used the CIC and will continue to use them.

Regards,

SS

and if you eat the green stuff it doesn't involve killing at all :innocent:

The facts are while hunting for food and hunting for the simple satisfaction of it you might get lucky and shoot a decent example of the species, why not then get it measured and bung it on the wall. I've a fallow I'm contemplating knocking over just not sure my missus will let the rack in the house :sad1:

and if you eat the green stuff it doesn't involve killing at all :innocent:

The facts are while hunting for food and hunting for the simple satisfaction of it you might get lucky and shoot a decent example of the species, why not then get it measured and bung it on the wall. I've a fallow I'm contemplating knocking over just not sure my missus will let the rack in the house :sad1:

just take five and think is it worth her leaving you??

what fixings are you going to use :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

My 'trophy room' is in fact the stairwell there is only one munty head and some boar tucks on the wall.

The only thing currently stopping me shooting a red stag is the size of the rack

So what would start out as a nice morning out might result in new house

As for the usual trophy hunter type comments, all I can say is I have only shot a near bronze boar, a silver muntjac and and gold muntjac

I wasn't aware of the status of any of them before I pulled the trigger (especially the pig as it was running pretty well flat out)

As al4x says if you shoot enough it can just happen, they all get eaten just the same - yum yum

My oh my. What a sensitive bunch! You lot don't go carp fishing as well do you? You know, big fat over fed lazy things just to get a weight? Or maybe pellet fed trout in stock ponds? Lol.

Nice to see you take the time to join the watch and give us all your worth while input :hmm:

PELTY

Edited by the pelt man

Why the obsession with killing things for medals?

Each to his own and all that.

But really?.

I think it was you that said the Buck was killed for the Head, which it WAS NOT.

So how can you say each to his own ?

You started to question someone about words you put in his mouth.

Final point, if its each to his own why did you bother us with your created negitvity.

PELTY

Edited by the pelt man

Created negativity? ???? What the hell is that? Also your comment is factually incorrect (words in mouth etc). I simply do not get the whole medal thing. That' s all. If you need the adoration of others then so be it.

One more try,

"created" because it was you that said it was shot for the head/medal.

"negativity" because your post was negative.

"Created negativity", you created the point to be negative about.

To say you dont get the whole medal thing is not the same as saying "i dont get the shooting of things for the Medal".

I think the Medal and head is for himself to bring back the memory of a trip out stalking not the adoration of others.

Finaly, if you do belive in "each to his own". You didn't need to post in the first place.

Edited by the pelt man