benelli super vinci disappointment

geth25182889

I bought a brand new benelli super vinci only 1 month ago and i am really disappointed with itIs performance. It jams up 1 in every 6 shots with a variety of cartridges from 42gm 3 1/2 in mammoths to clear pigeon 32gm 2 3/4. Whats happening is the cartridge is not feeding into the chamber, almost as if the brass is catching on somthing and preventing the bolt from going forward and feeding the cartridge into the breech.

Ive also had a number of misfires now aswell, again with a variety of cartridges which seems very strange as ive never had a problem with the cartridges in any of my other guns.

Then to top it all off, the camo is wearing off and is down to the undercoat and bare metal in places! after only 1 month!

I have a webley and scott in camo and it is 6 years old and the camo hasnt worn off that!

I have taken the benelli back to the shop i bought it from and it is going back to the suppliers for inspection. I am really disappointed with whats happened and will now have to wait and see what the suppliers say about it.

Has anyone else had any problems with this particular gun from benelli?

im very interested in the m2 so would be good see what comes of this, hopefully it will be ok and you will get a good working gun back :)

just a thought, did you "break the gun in" as to say put a box of heavy carts through it to "loosen" the gun up? i have heard that this is a very good idea with new semi autos

ATB solz

yes the gun has most definatly been broken in. its had well over the stated 500 cartridges through it now. ive been fowling, claying and pigeoning with it. cartridges used in it have been- gamebore mammoth 42gm 3 1/2in no 3's, 36gm 3in 3's and 4's. gamebore clear pigeon 32gm 2 3/4in 6's, and kent tungsten matrix 32gm 2 3/4 3's. Ive also put some 50gm 3in bb's through it at the weekend at my clay ground to see if that would make a difference, but it didnt.

i just hope it comes back working ok. im absolutly gutted about it and it hasnt done much for my confidence in semi autos.

I've had a Super Vinci (Black) for nearly a year now. I've used it for clays, Pigeons and wildfowling no issues with it as you have had with yours.

They do take some getting used to but over all as a gun for general use more than adequate.

The only mis-feed problem I had was caused by me not cleaning out the magazine tube properly which caused the spring to jam when loaded with 2 cartridges.

My biggest complaint would be with the finish. The damn thing develops a covering of surface rust when out on the Wash unless I apply some oil to the iron work beforehand. I can't understand how, what is supposedly a wildfowling gun, has such a poor finish.

OXF

Edited by oxfordfowler

• 2 weeks later...

Like has been said, sounds like a dodgy one-off. Hope you get it sorted out.

Unless the production srtandards have dropped, Benellis shouldn't end up like that so soon.. I have had my Supersport nearly two years now, it will cycle 24gm upwards all day, 21gms will cycle 49 times out of fifty, metalwork etc is still as new.