cannabis made legal

evo

Because for the simple fact we would be dealing with more of them if we are promoting use and saying its legal and safe. Tax, well as soon as its a sensible rate it will simply remain black market with no tax attached.

Fundamentally most of the tax received will be made by stealing things to pay for said drugs the whole idea is fundamentally flawed.

Complete and utter nonsense ! Without a shadow of doubt the vast majority of people who use drugs work for a living, By creating a legal taxable industry from it would create billion's in revenue.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only if they want to pay the chancellor more than their local dealer.....

The evidence is there in black and white, Other countries who have legalized cannabis are already earning revenue from legal outlet's some even base a tourism industry around it.

You ask anyone under the age of 30 why people go to Amsterdam and i feel quite sure the answer wont be to look at clog's and windmills.

only if they want to pay the chancellor more than their local dealer.....

If the price is low enough there's no margin for dealers regardless of whether there is a tax element in the official price.

Another aspect to legalisation is that it takes away the need for people to interact with drug dealers who have a vested interest in encouraging an escalation to harder drugs. The 'first one is free' scenario.

The evidence is there in black and white, Other countries who have legalized cannabis are already earning revenue from legal outlet's some even base a tourism industry around it.

You ask anyone under the age of 30 why people go to Amsterdam and i feel quite sure the answer wont be to look at clog's and windmills.

But the law is changing in holland

erm the lot on here can't even pay for the right colour diesel so what makes you think they will pay the extra to the chancellor,

simple economics come into it UKplc isn't going to start selling skunk cheap look at cigarettes, so what you have is whatever price it is in the shop will dictate the price on the street, there is loads of profit margin in it to allow for a reduction. I'm surprised how many people on here appear users bearing in mind getting caught would see an end to their shooting hobby.

Whatever a dealer needs to charge for it to make it worthwhile, the government can undercut and still make money out of it.

As a parent, I would hope my child's never take drugs when they get older. However being a realist I see they might and if so I would far rather see them go to a legal cafe or whatever as in Holland than to some drug dealer with a pocket full of crack or heroin that he's hoping they will buy.

As much as i enjoy your need to put a pointless argument against it, the fact is if it were legalized and taxed we would not only earn billions but we would save millions in the process.

Clearly you dont have a problem with your taxes paying for it.

As much as i enjoy your need to put a pointless argument against it, the fact is if it were legalized and taxed we would not only earn billions but we would save millions in the process.

Clearly you dont have a problem with your taxes paying for it.

what with a stack more addicts and the mental health institutions doing a roaring trade, you are assuming everyone on canabis is in work and not going to thieve to supply their habit. Over the years I've sacked a load of people for using it and that wouldn't stop if it was legal

promoting use and saying its legal and safe

People who support relaxed laws are saying the complete opposite to this! No wonder you are against the idea, your view of the idea is completely made up!

But the law is changing in holland

If i recall they did not go ahead with changes to make it only available to local residents.

Edited by gazzthompson

what with a stack more addicts and the mental health institutions doing a roaring trade, you are assuming everyone on canabis is in work and not going to thieve to supply their habit. Over the years I've sacked a load of people for using it and that wouldn't stop if it was legal

That would be the mental health institutions that WE THE TAXPAYER are paying for yeh ? Tax the user's and let them pay for it !

Your doing a great job arguing my case for me :thanks:

I think you will find it isn't entirely

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-17865663

Lumpy, I think you'll find al4x is right. It is still illegal under the circa 1919 opium act. However, Holland separated hard and "soft" drugs, decriminalised soft drugs and licensed the coffee shops. They are restricted on stock levels and individual sales and no hard drugs etc. It's the attitude Holland has to small amounts of "soft" drugs that makes it look like it's completely legal.

Edited by WVAM

Lumpy, I think you'll find al4x is right. It is still illegal under the circa 1919 opium act. However, Holland separated hard and "soft" drugs, decriminalised soft drugs and licensed the coffee shops. They are restricted on stock levels and individual sales and no hard drugs etc. It's the attitude Holland has to small amounts of "soft" drugs that makes it look like it's completely legal.

Cannabis in the netherlands is a controlled substance however it is legal to sell it under licence and it is legal to posses upto 30grm's.

"In compliance with international treaty obligations, Dutch law states unequivocally that cannabis is illegal. Yet in 1976 the Dutch adopted a formal written policy of non-enforcement for violations involving possession or sale of up to 30 g of cannabis ". Curiously, you can be fined for possession between 5-30g although in reality it doesn't happen. As far as I can find out, including from a UK lawyer who has a dutch family and lives there part time, the Dutch never changed the law on cannabis being illegal, which boils down to it is illegal but not so illegal that they get hung up about it, as long as you don't have too much.

Suggest we leave this one as "everybody is right" :good: