one moderator, two rifles.

aister

go for it, some areas insist you get two (in order to fill the slot i assume) but then again they dont come with serial numbers and all look alike, if this is the case what you want to do is obtain old second hand reck of a moddy for one gun to keep them happy.

I have Tika Tactical in .223 and .308 cal,. with 1 Wildcat mod 18 x 1 thread which fits both rifles. All wildcat predator 8 moderators are .30 calibre ,you just fit the different baffles to suit the calibre you want. County Durham Police Firearms allows you to put this mod and 1 other which i believe is the Riflecraft Mod as a "non specific Calibre" on your licence, makes life simple if you have the same thread size on your rifles, also for selling in future. Phone your Firearms licencing Dept they will be able to advise you if they have any particular manufacturer listed that they will accept as County Durham does.

not true

I have a full bore moderator listed on my FAC

I use it on 6 calibres.

the mod has a slot of its own, what you stick it one once you own it is up to you

Very true , spot on as said above , thats why its classed as a firearm in its own right . when you get a variation for a 22 + 22 mod that does not meen its a double act and the mod can only be used on that 22 , they are firearms on there own . so if you allready have a 22 or a 17hmr you can use the 22 mod on either . I have 2 of the same various cals and only 1 mod of each cal , But i could use 1 listed mod on them all also as said above . Edited by bongo321

I agree - My variation came back this morning. One mod, two rifles same calibre.

How many mods did you ask for? If you have two rifles, even the same calibre, why didn't you apply for 2 mods?

If you have any desire to buy proofed mods you need a slot for each.

Likewise it isn't very clever putting the wrong calibre mod on any rifle, especially playing about with rimfire and centrefire, even FAC Air!

But theoretically you can have one mod slot and put it on everything, not something that floats my boat though!

Edited by Dekers

most people use moderators that are capable of accommodating calibre much larger than they are using.

7mm bore for anything up to a .243/.25

8.5mm bore for anything .30 cal

very few moderators are calibre specific so the point of having two for a .243 and a .222 or .17 Rem defeats me.

As it stands I have a sako quad, I was bu66ered if I was buying four moderators....

as mine has a 6.5mm bore it covers my .243 and .222 as well