.222 Reloading, questions for the experts!

SSS

Isn't it funny how long it has taken to break down the barriers about Privi ammunition. For years all it ever got was slagged off by people who were paying double the price for other brands and couldn't see how anything that much cheaper could be any good. Some of the dealers were as much to blame, one dealer I used to use a lot told me he would never stock it as it was "cheap muck" and I shouldn't put it through my rifle.

Then Fred the NRA armourer sold me some and told me people were getting really good scores with it. I tried it and it worked really well. It was cheaper than my reloads then, its not quite so now. For years my reloading gear sat idle but I now use the cases for developing low power loads which is my current project.

I use to load with a lee hand loaded tool, the one you smack the primers in with a hammer, pour in powder and then smack the bullet in. 1/2" @ 100 meters cant get much cheaper than that. I still load for the .222 but with a press. benchmark start load, cci primer, ppu brass and 52gn a-max. some of my brass is on tenth loading. I do not agree with some on here that you need all the gear and top price this that and other. its the marketing that has caught most of them. keep it simple and enjoy what you do, forget chasing the perfect load, leave that for mugs with money or no sense. hehe.

+1 used nothing other than Lee Loader for .222,.22/250 and .243 for many years,always had superb results.I do use a

primer tool and measure powder charge on scales though.

A very simple cost effective bit of kit.